Homebrew ComicBookDS

AniDanny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to figure out how to work this program, and the readme is useless. Here's what I've done, could someone check and see where I'm going wrong?

1) Get comics that are in .cbr or .cbz format
2) Run pictods
3) Add file: "Book 1.cbr"
4) Create NDS Files!
5) Go to nds folder
6) Files created: "Book 1.sc.nds" "Book 1.nds" "Book 1.nds.gba"
7) Copy "Book 1.nds" to a folder on my AceKard 2i (running the latest version of AKAIO)
8) Run "Book 1.nds" on my DS
9) Black screen

Edit: When I go to file -> test NDS file, and open "Book 1.nds", it loads the comic just fine, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing steps 1-6 correctly at least.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
No.

1º Get the manga/comic/doujin.
2º Get PictoDS
3º Run PictoDS, add the folder with all the images of the manga/comic/doujin and process.
4º Put the generated file (it's only 1 file) in your SD.
5º Get ComicBookDS.
6º Put ComicBookDS in your SD.
7º Run ComicBookDS.
8º Enjoy reading/masturbating your favorite manga/comic/doujin.

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Not too sure what you're trying to achieve here, but...

If you're trying to view the comics on your DS, you just have to put the .cbr files into the ComicBookDS folder, run the homebrew and view it from there.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HoTsHoT89 said:
Not too sure what you're trying to achieve here, but...

If you're trying to view the comics on your DS, you just have to put the .cbr files into the ComicBookDS folder, run the homebrew and view it from there.
CBDS doesn't do CBR or CBZ (CBR/CBZ is 'ComicBook Rar/Zip' and is just the images in an archive).
CBDS uses CBDS files which contain various resizes of the image used for previews and thumbnails and full views.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nearly right
Juanmatron said:
1º Get the manga/comic/doujin - the download MAY be a ZIP file so you have to Unzip all pictures into a folder
2º Get ComicBookDS.
3º Put ComicBookDS in your SD - the *.nds can go anywhere but the '/CBDS/' folder MUST be on the root
4º Get PictoDS
5º Run PictoDS, add the folder (you can 'click-&-drag' it) with all the images of the manga/comic/doujin and then click the [process] button.
6º Put the generated file (it's only 1 file called '*.cbds') in your SD into the '/cbds/' folder
7º Run ComicBookDS.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Nearly right
Juanmatron said:
1º Get the manga/comic/doujin - the download MAY be a ZIP file so you have to Unzip all pictures into a folder
2º Get ComicBookDS.
3º Put ComicBookDS in your SD - the *.nds can go anywhere but the '/CBDS/' folder MUST be on the root
4º Get PictoDS
5º Run PictoDS, add the folder (you can 'click-&-drag' it) with all the images of the manga/comic/doujin and then click the [process] button.
6º Put the generated file (it's only 1 file called '*.cbds') in your SD into the '/cbds/' folder
7º Run ComicBookDS.

The programs have something called "README".

AniDanny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem origin: Downloaded the link here http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Comic_Book_DS

Problem: Does not contain CBDS.nds or anything similar. Contains only pictods v1.0.1, which exports files as .nds files. Contains also a readme, which only lists a version history and nothing of use.

Solution: Downloaded CBDS v3.0, Downloaded pictods v2.0. Both versions of pictods, when browsing for files, want either .cbz, .cbr, .zip, or .rar files (or a folder full of .jpg files, as you folks have noted). Currently converting those to .cbds files, and if that doesn't work, I'll extract all of them and just use the folders of .jpgs. Further updates coming in a minute, as soon as I get a chance to test it...

Edit: Works fine now. Thanks, guys!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night