XP
Country
United Kingdom

Comic Book DS 2.1 released

Mostly bug fixes

screen3_mini.jpg
Comic Book DS has been updated to version 2.1. Here's what's new:
Gnese said:
  • BugFix PC: Image size settings are now correctly used and saved.
  • BugFix PC: Sometimes, the image was not correctly resized.
  • BugFix PC: Better error handling, using popups to display error messages.
  • BugFix PC: Detect when a .zip (.cbz) file is not a .rar (.cbr) file.
  • New PC: Drag N' Drop support for file and folder addition.
  • New PC: 'Open output folder' item added in menu.
  • New PC: When the ComicBook name is changed, the output filename is changed accordingly.
  • BugFix DS: The images are now fully displayed. (there are no missing right and bottom parts of some images anymore).
  • BugFix DS: Memory regression problems solved, causing even small images to be partially displayed (the 'image too big' message display)
  • BugFix DS: Stylus Jumping effect is highly reduced.
  • BugFix DS: Program shouldn't freeze anymore when quickly switching from one book to another.
  • BugFix DS: More than 300 pages per Book can be browsed. (however, the display will be quite slow)
  • New DS: Thumbnails of the Library screen are loaded in background and they remain visible when switching between Library and Thumbnails modes.
  • New DS: A popup is displayed when an error is found on the filesystem. (causing some .cbds files not to be found
download.gif
Download Comic Book DS 2.1

Thanks to Buster for the news.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
;( i totally missed 2.0
i might finally use this. I wanted a way to view my doujins on my DS without others seeing
biggrin.gif
But i dont know how people would have time to make over 300 scans and put it in one book file, i'd personally switch it into chapters.
Keep it comin', Gnese!

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
It takes a while to get used to reading comics on such a small screen but you do get used to it. Once you are it's fairly indispensable. I can carry dozens of comics in my pocket at any on etime and then I can read them in the dark! Great!
smile.gif

HadOne2Many

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this application more than any other Homebrew on my DS. It is almost perfect now, this update made it possible to read the text on the large splash pages. With the previous version (2.0) the quality was too low.

And yes Pedro, being able to read a Comic Book in the dark is the coolest thing ever. Now here's hoping that there will be another update that allows me to organize my Books into Folders, rather than displaying everything mixed together.

EDIT: thegame07, I just saw your post. This program only supports CBDS files, but you can convert most other files to this format with a little work. If your eBooks are in PDF format you need to change to images first and put then on a folder. The included program can convert CBR & CBZ files, also says Zip and RAR files work, but I haven't tried these yet.

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
If it could use PDFs or txt files it would be pretty much perfect for me. But then again maybe it would become too bloated and I can always read txts on DSOrganize. OT: I'm surprised there isn't a PDF reader on the DS yet.

HadOne2Many

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try and help you shelleeson.

If you haven't already downloaded the patch it is on this page
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/
You need the one next to "R4(DS) - Revolution for DS/M3 Simply compatible" labeled "DLDI"

To patch it you need a patcher, there are some available toward the botom of the page. I used the first one shown for windows "Win32"

Now you need to put the patch, patcher, and ROM in a folder together (I just put them in the "nds" folder in the main download). Your ROM would be the one called "ComiBookDS.nds".

Next would be to open a command line in the folder. If you use windows, microsoft has a "power toy" thta you can use to right click and open a command line in any folder, I use this all the time. You can download this tool here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx, it is the "Open Command Window Here" tool. Anyway you don't have to use this tool, you just need to have a command line in the right directory.

If you used the same files as me, you would type "dlditool r4tf.dldi ComicBookDS.nds" without the quotes of course. A small dialogue runs and you are done, files patched.

I hope that helps.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
i wish it did help after 10 minutes of scratching my head i had a go but at the minute the stupid thing isn't playing with me
cry.gif

this is what i get
Dynamically Linked Disk Interface patch tool by Michael Chisholm (Chishm) so i know some of what i did was right
trying "r4tf.dldi"
trying "c:/dldi/r4tf.dldi

loads of other rubbish and i just wanna cry
cry.gif
would i be too much of a pain if i asked you to send me your patch (via pm if need be) please

edit: HadOne2Many you are indeed a legend for that it worked beautifully
thank you
grog.gif

UKJim

Trophies
XP
Country
So this does not take PDF's, so the converter converts to the filename shown, but I just wana know does anyone have a decent link for free comics that can be converted to work on this apart from the one shown>?

This is my first post, Liking the look of the app, should be fun to get working.

Good work.

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
its a great app!

try demonoid (or should i not mention that name?) for comic links - the included convertor worked a treat for me - got the transformers movie preview comic and a load of heroes comics on my m3

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a nice app but I find myself reading manga a lot on my PSP with the manga reader homebrew app. The idea of having to convert the jpg files doesn't seem appealing to me...

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
its not hard - just like you have to convert video to watch on the psp - well worth it - the new comic book ds version is brilliant!

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
So this does not take PDF's, so the converter converts to the filename shown, but I just wana know does anyone have a decent link for free comics that can be converted to work on this apart from the one shown>?

This is my first post, Liking the look of the app, should be fun to get working.

Good work.

Go to the Comic Book DS site. There's a few comics for free there.
smile.gif

CWar

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is it supposed to take a long time to open the books? It takes about a minute to load the images. I did have to use the patch for my EZ4.

Edit: Nevermind, it's the SD card.

UKJim

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a brilliant little app, I like it a lot, still not sure what to search for on bit torrent but im sure ill find sumink.

I downloaded the heroes comic to try it out and it is very good.

Nice work guys.

Jim

psywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really really really want this to work
I have the ezflash iv and the r4 and can't get it to work on either

can anyone please walk me through fixing the setup please

edit looks back page tries the walkthrough by one2many
wacko.gif

edits again
yeah i tried that and all i get is fat access not supported
cry.gif
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why do i see some little songs at @shaunj66 's profile page?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sonics*
  • fluff663 @ fluff663:
    hello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe he likes sonic
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Hey all.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Hey all.