Hardware Comfort grip(s) to be used with Flip Grip?

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're not familiar with the Flip Grip, check it out.

So when I'm not using the Flip Grip, I use this OIVO grip, that's basically a rip-off of the Zengrip. Obv won't work with the Flip Grip, but is there anything similar for the same comfortable shape that would work with it? Maybe individual things to attach to each joy-con?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a handful of grips that attach to individual joy-cons, though I can't recall the name. Some of them are packed with a case for the tablet body, even though they are independent parts and you can use them with detached joy-cons.

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, I had a look and couldn't find many, there are these which look way too wide, a weird stretchy one which I don't know if it would fit, and these which only come with a charging case and aren't currently available anyway.

If anyone knows anything better, please let me know B-)

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used these imports for a while. With a little double sided tape on the back they don't require that top plastic enclosure.

I eventually got these for akimbo play, where the right joycon grip has that much appreciated wider angle for the right stick, ala Satisfye's Zen grip. They also have a bit more grip and Pro controller texture.

End of the day though, unless you have a reason to need them, fuck Joycons. They're absolute garbage.

This clip here while looks like the end result would be heavy, if you have the tablet 'in front of' (pro flat on table, tablet centered above, parallel to the face of the controller) so that the weight is evenly distributed down into the center of the controller, when you're sitting up it doesn't feel 'wrist heavy' at all. There are a number of these mounts but this is the only that can rotate, eliminating the need for the flip grip and Joycons.

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used these imports for a while. With a little double sided tape on the back they don't require that top plastic enclosure.

I eventually got these for akimbo play, where the right joycon grip has that much appreciated wider angle for the right stick, ala Satisfye's Zen grip. They also have a bit more grip and Pro controller texture.

End of the day though, unless you have a reason to need them, fuck Joycons. They're absolute garbage.

This clip here while looks like the end result would be heavy, if you have the tablet 'in front of' (pro flat on table, tablet centered above, parallel to the face of the controller) so that the weight is evenly distributed down into the center of the controller, when you're sitting up it doesn't feel 'wrist heavy' at all. There are a number of these mounts but this is the only that can rotate, eliminating the need for the flip grip and Joycons.
Thanks, great suggestions. I ended up ordering the OIVO grips (your 2nd link) from aliexpress, will see how I get on with them. If they turn out to be good enough, they could even replace the zengrip-style grip I'm currently using, which would make the whole thing noticeably ligher and also dockable. Don't wanna get my hopes up too much tho.

Thanks for the suggestion about the pro controller grip. Have Nintendo sorted out the d-pads for pro controllers once and for all yet? I know different models had different d-pads that were better or worse. I use the d-pad a hell of a lot, so a good one is vital. The joy-con I use with a d-pad shell, that I've snuck a rounded piece of plastic underneath the d-pad to make it roll and so you can't squish all directions at once, has ended up surprisingly decent.

Last edited by hippy dave,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro Controller d-pads are still garbo, though if you can give the joy-con a useable d-pad then you can probably mod something into that too. At least the false diagonals can be fixed with a bit of tape not too hard.

Another approach is to consider larger 3rd party joy-cons with wireless support that should slip into the flip grip just fine. However none of them have decent d-pads... meanwhile hori makes some good dpads for their joycons but unfortunately not wireless.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think Nintendo has cared to address the issue at all, and the differences people are noticing come down to slight manufacturing variances with the nub. I personally do the strategy of covering maybe a third of the pads, and then a few layers of tape in the center to boost the height, which of course you have to then fine tune if you're getting misfires with your 'dpad style'.
Those Binbok Joycons are all the rage now but I've read the same where the dpads aren't nearly as good as Hori's efforts.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found and 3D printed this, works great: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2720756/files
8f0341f57c87138eaa05165c465119cb_preview_featured.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1