wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
Colors! v1.1
Update
ds11_main_102010.png

Colors! has been listed on many "top-10 must have DS homebrew" lists. The application has accumulated more than 500,000 downloads as of August 2010. After being Ported to the iPhone and iPod Touch, the application gained a huge following. Colors was last updated for the NDS on Wed Sep 19, 2007 and released as version 1.06h. It goes without saying that this is a much anticipated release. For more information be sure to read the change log and check the homepage link below.

Change Log said:
  • Unlimited .drw length - There is no more 1MB limit for those huge painting projects
  • Undo - A quick one-step undo, and better tools to be able to scroll through the playback of your painting
  • Improved latency and performance - Colors! is quicker and more precise than ever. Sketching has never been more responsive
  • Automatic full-screen pressure calibration - No more uneven pressure across the screen. It might even make your old throwaway DS usable again
  • Gallery integration - Browse, download, like and share directly from your DS using Wi-Fi
  • New UI - Cleaner, better, prettier. Just what you would expect from the most anticipated Colors! update ever
  • Export painting - Repaint your painting in 2x or 4x directly on the DS. It's slow, but it's worth it
  • Left/Right hand support - Configurate Colors! for left and/or right hand usage
  • One additional zoom-level - Get a better view of your painting by zooming out a step
  • New brush - A new bristle like brush that gives a more organic feel to your paintings
  • Colors! Magazine - A magazine in your pocket with a selection of paintings and interviews from the Colors! Gallery

Special thanks to Pendor via IRC for the news

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Homepage

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Puppy_Washer said:
What an awful picture on the top screen.

I'd like to see you do better.

It never fails that someone always has to take the discussion WAY off topic. How does the image have anything to do with what is one of the most anticipated updates to perhaps the best known NDS Homebrew?

-Another World

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
Puppy_Washer said:

It never fails that someone always has to take the discussion WAY off topic. How does the image have anything to do with what is one of the most anticipated updates to perhaps the best known NDS Homebrew?

-Another World
Because it's a product of the homebrew itself and it's not exactly a nice picture to look at.
Personally I was prefer Phidias.

D

Deleted-188346

Another World said:
Puppy_Washer said:

-Another World
Wow, touchy guy.
And as a poster above said, art is about opinion.
I personally think that the art shown is horrible.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I can't be bothered to register & post on the official Colors site - but I hope that the developers do pop in & see this

Anyway - Works on a DSTwo + DSi but with some problems

IF run as normal Homebrew through the DS_Games menu OR as a plugin (for the first time) get
QUOTE said:
Warning 201: Non-Ideal flash card
QUOTEError 401:This device doesn't support pressure-sensitivity
However run it a second time as either - No error messages appear

If used on a DSLite - I only get the 'Warning 201:'

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Boy, what a surprise this was! After such a stretch of inactivity from the DS version of Colors!, I began to think that there'd be no more updates, and that I'd be stuck with shoddy pressure sensitivity forever.
tongue.gif

Anyway, I'll be sure to check this out!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
CannonFoddr said:
Anyway - Works on a DSTwo + DSi but with some problems

IF run as normal Homebrew through the DS_Games menu OR as a plugin (for the first time) get
QUOTE said:
Warning 201: Non-Ideal flash card
Got that too, decided to ignore it. Works fine. Says something about longer loading times but I didn't notice anything. We'll see.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
geoflcl said:
Boy, what a surprise this was! After such a stretch of inactivity from the DS version of Colors!, I began to think that there'd be no more updates, and that I'd be stuck with shoddy pressure sensitivity forever.
tongue.gif

Anyway, I'll be sure to check this out!
Seems like 'shoddy pressure sesitivity' is if you only use it on DSLite/Phats - the DSi/CXL don't seem to allow that to work for some reason

EDIT: Apparently the 'pressure sensitivity' is a HACK of the DS code - but since the DSi/XL has higher 'blocking capabilitys' no HACK has been found to allow for 'pressure'

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...on a DSLite (loading Colors! through iMenu) I got no such error message. When deleting the colors.xml and calibration dat and reloading it through DS_Game, I got it. Must be something odd to do with the loader. I wouldn't worry about it since they both use the same DLDI.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That picture scares the crap out of me every time I go to the home page. just soo creepy.

Just tried out the homebrew thought its neat i'll have to mess around with it some more.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow. I may have found reason to re-charge my DS! (it's been a while since i've used it... mainly due to free time availability... which is none
tongue.gif
)

I loved the older versions of Colors! and i can't wait to try this new one!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la