Coldplay's Viva La Vida exposed

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just.... wow..... I love that song, and I play those games all the time, but I never noticed the resemblance. :blink:

EDIT: I meant to put this is "Books, Music, TV & Movies", requested move.

D

Deleted_171835

I finally found out what the song was. I remember hearing Viva La Vida two years back on the radio but didn't get the name. After two long years, I finally found it! :yay:

As for the resemblance, err that's nice.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nathan - nope, have not. Have seen it linked to dozens of times, never watched it though. I hate Snoop Dog.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coldplay sucks either way, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Couldn't agree more with the first part, Coldplay is among the worst bands ever to me. Viva La Vida is their only good song imo.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LOL That's pretty cool. I love "things similair to video game music" like that.
Like how MGS theme sounds like an old composition by an Russian composer.
Also love that video @Nathan. It's so old :P
And what's with all the Coldplay hate?

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Coldplay do not 'suck'. This has got nothing to do with your taste in music. Saying they suck is about as ignorant as saying the Beatles were mediocre, or Händel was a terrible composer. You can dislike their music, but that doesn't mean they suck.

Examples of bands that really 'suck': Attack Attack!, brokeNCYDE, etc.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Coldplay do not 'suck'. This has got nothing to do with your taste in music. Saying they suck is about as ignorant as saying the Beatles were mediocre, or Händel was a terrible composer. You can dislike their music, but that doesn't mean they suck.

BAWWWWWWWWW!!! You clearly don't know what an opinion is. Also, if you're trying to imply something by the bands you listed (Seeing as they're somewhat related to bands I listen to), you're an idiot. BrokeNCYDE obviously sucks, but Attack Attack! isn't that bad. Even so, you're a hypocrite for saying those bands suck after giving that whole schpeel.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Uh... you just contradicted yourself. :P

Some peeps might like those bands (or atleast think that they don't 'suck'), thus it's not fit as an example for your explanation. You've basically done what everybody who said "Coldplay sucks" said; you've said that those bands 'suck' without proving that nobody likes them. That's your opinion unless you conduct a research over the world and get an answer that they suck, instead of they're ok or they're amazing.

emugirl1994

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
formspring.me
XP
Country
United States

Some peeps might like those bands (or atleast think that they don't 'suck'), thus it's not fit as an example for your explanation. You've basically done what everybody who said "Coldplay sucks" said; you've said that those bands 'suck' without proving that nobody likes them. That's your opinion unless you conduct a research over the world and get an answer that they suck, instead of they're ok or they're amazing.

Y'all stop being ignorant. This is gonna turn into a flame war of "this band is good but these bands all suck" blah blah blah. No one gives a crap on what your opinion of music is. As for Coldplay being bad, that's such a false statement. They've won Grammy awards, and last I checked, you only get a Grammy if people like your music. For those haters of Codlplay, listen to The Scientist or Fix You and you might change your mind. That is all.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Y'all stop being ignorant. This is gonna turn into a flame war of "this band is good but these bands all suck" blah blah blah. No one gives a crap on what your opinion of music is. As for Coldplay being bad, that's such a false statement. They've won Grammy awards, and last I checked, you only get a Grammy if people like your music. For those haters of Codlplay, listen to The Scientist or Fix You and you might change your mind. That is all.
Let me reiterate: people saying that Coldplay being bad is just stating an opinion. People saying that Coldplay doesn't suck is stating an opinion. And earning a Grammy award doesn't make a band 'not suck' because "people like[ing] your music" doesn't mean that everybody in the entire world thinks that. That is a mere opinion of yours. If you think that "no one gives a crap on what your opinion of music is", you shouldn't have posted your opinion.

Now, don't take me wrong, I don't want to start a flame war; I'm just saying that you're contradicting yourself.

inb4 Justin Beiber :P

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coldplay sucks either way, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Quoted for truth.

I had heard that they had ripped off some other band before, but I guess this is just the icing on the cake.

EDIT:

And emugirl1994, just because something won an award does not make it good. At all. And besides, the Grammies are kind of noted for how nobody takes them seriously.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just because they won an award doesn't mean everyone likes their music. Everyone has every right to say they hate it, just as much as to say they like it.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro