Hacking Coldboot CFW status in 2023?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the scene for awhile, how's coldboot looking outside of trinkets or other mods?
Never gonna happen
Post automatically merged:

same, but for Mariko (Red Box Switches), Ipatched, Lite and Oled you need a Modchip (not trinket)
Definitely never gonna happen.

Reactions: impeeza

SapphireExile

Sapphire
OP
Trophies
Website
sapphirelabs.online
XP
Country
United States
Never gonna happen

The like has been said for every other thing that couldn't coldboot.
Never gonna happen

The same has been said about every other thing that couldn't be hacked. I get the chain of trust here is RO and physically unchangeable on the board, but that doesn't mean *something* will never happen.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The same has been said about every other thing that couldn't be hacked. I get the chain of trust here is RO and physically unchangeable on the board, but that doesn't mean *something* will never happen.
If it hasnt been done yet... I highly doubt that it will happen. SciresM has even said there is nothing for mariko units so that idea is dead too

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Yes the Coldboot for Switch already exist! period.

what will never happen (yes never) is another new weak what will allow to load CFW from User land, you need to recognize, this time the big N does wright

Reactions: peteruk and Lumince

SapphireExile

Sapphire
OP
Trophies
Website
sapphirelabs.online
XP
Country
United States
Yes the Coldboot for Switch already exist! period.

what will never happen (yes never) is another new weak what will allow to load CFW from User land, you need to recognize, this time the big N does wright
I'm sure Sony, MS, Sega, and Nintendo themselves said the same thing over and over. Yet it keeps happening. Saying "never" in a hacking community is downright stupid.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure Sony, MS, Sega, and Nintendo themselves said the same thing over and over. Yet it keeps happening. Saying "never" in a hacking community is downright stupid.
It doesnt change the fact that it hasnt happened. Untethered coldboot isnt a thing. Come back in 2030 and ask again

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's no say by Nintendo, is say by lots of people working hard on the scene, people with lots of knowledge who are disassembled each bit of the firmware and can say beyond the doubt there is no entry point.

But as always, you can go to the code and find your self the failure.

Reactions: Lumince

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye