1. igor1201

OP igor1201 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello guys,

I've recently started hacking with Homebrew on Switch (using libnx) and thought it'd be good if we could use Rust (rust-lang . org) to create our projects.
    So I've been gluing together a hacky approach to compile Rust code to Switch.

Hope it is useful to someone!

github . com / Igor1201 / rusted-switch

(and of course, I can't post links yet)

2. Type_O_Dev

Type_O_Dev GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. ShroomKing

ShroomKing Somebody

United States
    thanks! this is great.

At this point people can code apps for switch in Python, Javascript, Lua and Rust!(and C of course) Which i hope will make even more people join the scene to make homebrew.

4. AileenLumina

AileenLumina Python main, software engineer and API designer

Germany
  5. Coc4tm

Coc4tm WIP Nintendo hacker.

France
    This doesn't seems like actual code for me , more like a placeholder

6. roblabla

roblabla Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    So I'm the creator of megaton-hammer, a Rust homebrew library for the Nintendo Switch. We have some very ambitious goals: We want a full-rust Homebrew development environment, with 0 dependency on C code or a C compiler. This means that Megaton-Hammer doesn't wrap libnx or libtransistor, instead it is its own parallel library, with its own crt0, runtime, etc...

We already have a rust stdlib port, based on rust 1.26. It supports network, stdio, has a WIP branch containing threading and mutexes, and filesystem is coming very soon. I've been trying to get graphics working for a while but... I've been pretty busy ^^'. We also have our own custom allocator (which is not ralloc because ralloc has been failing on me :( ).

If anyone wants to help me work on this, I'd love some maintainers. Feel free to PM me on discord (I'm roblabla#8145, you can find me in many discords like ReSwitched, Yuzu, RyujiNX, etc...).

It's time, folks. The Rust Evangelism StrikeForce needs your help! :P

AveSatanas, igor1201 and AileenLumina like this.
  7. LeifEricson

LeifEricson Coming Soon™

United States
    Wow, this is amazing how many languages can be used to make Switch homebrew. At this rate we'll have a Fortran and Cobol compiler by the end of the month, for crying out loud

8. DogParty

DogParty GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ugh, you people annoy us regular folks at our day jobs and now you're doing it here, too???

/s

<3

9. igor1201

OP igor1201 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Yes, it aims to be a template to a rust project on switch.

That's amazing! I've been looking for switch homebrew with rust but didn't find your repo
    I'm really new to Rust/low-level development, but the possibility to code non-C/C++ to switch got my attention.
    I'll definitely take a look into megaton-hammer (nice name, btw) and separate a time to learn, thanks for the tip!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Homebrew, Swich, using