Code.bin and exh.bin to elf?

coolmodder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to convert these two files in to an elf for ida pro, but Patchrom's script doesn't work (I've tried debugging it.) Is there a better way to do this?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please don't start multiple threads needlessly.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-extract-code-bin.653494/

You left the important question in your other post.
Now my brain is on fire trying to debug patchrom's script to convert code.bin and exh.bin to an elf, none of the functions are working, and windows cmd can't take a file path with spaces... Is there a better way to do this?

See, instead of asking "how can I do this", shouldn't you be asking "how can I use file paths with spaces"?

The most straightforward way would be to simply put your files in a new path without spaces in it. Alternatively, you can enclose the path in double quotes. If you use "dir /x" on the command line you can also get the corresponding short file name for each file or folder and use that instead. (Often it ends in "~1", but things get complicated when there are many files with similar names.)

coolmodder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't start multiple threads needlessly.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-extract-code-bin.653494/

You left the important question in your other post.

See, instead of asking "how can I do this", shouldn't you be asking "how can I use file paths with spaces"?

The most straightforward way would be to simply put your files in a new path without spaces in it. Alternatively, you can enclose the path in double quotes. If you use "dir /x" on the command line you can also get the corresponding short file name for each file or folder and use that instead. (Often it ends in "~1", but things get complicated when there are many files with similar names.)
Program Files for the gcc arm compiler? I've also attempted double quoting, escape characters, but can't move the arm compiler out of program files without messing with environmental variables. The folder structure inside the folder has spaces in the folders names themselves. "dir /X" returns what dir normally returns.
Help Log:
Code:
 If no short name is present, blanks are displayed in its place.
The short name is not present, and yes, the registry values confirm my C drive has short names available.

I have tried searching before posting, but I also asked for an alternative for patchrom (a 10 year old script collection made for a previous version of windows, not for 11, and not the most recent version of python either.) Finally, sorry for starting a new thread, but keep in mind I still am learning this forum's etiquette. (Then again, that is not a good excuse.)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I could try to offer suggestions about what you could do differently, but it's a bit pointless to do so without knowing more about what you tried.

coolmodder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I could try to offer suggestions about what you could do differently, but it's a bit pointless to do so without knowing more about what you tried.
Gave what I tried. You skimmed through what I wrote.
See if this script works better for you, that's what I personally use for getting ELFs: https://github.com/NWPlayer123/ctr-elf2
Worked without a hassle. Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

What should I do next? I see strings relating to ingame objects, but no code (C or ASM). Edit: Using IMHEX.

Last edited by coolmodder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo