Emulation how to make .WAD into .ELF

lynzhiii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi chat. i help turning a .WAD file into .ELF
I simply tried downloading a ps2 emulator to play sly3 on my pc but the emulator says it either needs a disc file or .ELF.
Can someone explain this in the most simple term there is? Explain it like youre explaining a child please :)
This is my first time trying to download a sony-emulator. usually i go for nintendo games.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I simply tried downloading a ps2 emulator to play sly3 on my pc but the emulator says it either needs a disc file or .ELF.
Probably because the disc image file you have selected is not supported somewhat. Try using ISO or BIN/CUE.

Can someone explain this in the most simple term there is? Explain it like youre explaining a child please :)
I don't need to spoon-feed you, I'm sure you can do plenty of research to figure out the problem that you're having. Its not that hard. :rofl2:

lynzhiii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Probably because the disc image file you have selected is not supported somewhat. Try using ISO or BIN/CUE.

I don't need to spoon-feed you, I'm sure you can do plenty of research to figure out the problem that you're having. Its not that hard. :rofl2:
Lmao i really do b needing the spoon feeding fr. My brain doesnt learn new things that easy on its own :) Care to explain how in the hell i just "try using" a ISO or BIN/CUE file?
Like that sentence makes no freakin sense to me dude T.T

• Haha

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
What SylverReZ is trying to say is you need to find ISO files. PS2's emulators plays ISO or BIN/CUE files.

You can't ask for them here, you need to find them yourself, as they are illegal to share.

• Love

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
simply tried downloading a ps2 emulator to play sly3 on my pc but the emulator says it either needs a disc file or .ELF.
First of all, a wad file has nothing to do with ps2: it could be a mod/add-on of Doom, Hexen Heretic or whatnot. Nah, it really doesn't have shit to do with it.
You're using PCFX2, I suppose: it supports ISO, BIN, CZO, CHD formats and something else I think. The former you can easily find online; the latter two are compressed formats.
Anyway, this is the psp section; the ps3 section is perhaps more appropriate for this topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto