Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
While not exactly surprising, Activision confirmed that they are committed to turning Call of Duty into an annual franchise at today's Q4 conference call. We're calling it Call of Duty 7 for lack of an official name, but Activision unfortunately didn't share any details on the title's setting or time period. After pointing out that this year's profits were aided by the enormous success of Modern Warfare 2, the company noted they do not plan to see the same success with this year's installment. No kidding.

Though the next game in the series is still shrouded in mystery, we heard rumors regarding it as far back as last year. The game is unsurprisingly said to be helmed by Treyarch again, and may take place in Vietnam or Cuba. The announcement of a new title this year matches with word of a November release, so it's probably safe to say that we've been close to the mark so far.

Source

Sorta expected, but thought it was worth confirmation. Honestly, making it an annual franchise is just going to make the formula get really old. Once we get to CoD10 it's gonna be a one-trick pony.

Also, could this mean CoD6 for the Wii now?

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lolcat said:
Great hopefully it's Vietnam.
lol,vietnam would be pretty awesome. if it was vietnam,I think it would motivate my dad to play cod more often,or bring back the horrors of his past. o.O

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
do-not-want-dog.jpg

Seriously, COD 7? Enough will all these sequels, I'd rather have a new unique sub par game than a 7th installment to a successful game.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CoD? More like Western Final fantasy.

SQUARE AND ENIX WERE SEPARATE COMPANIES, AND THEY BOTH HAD MANY CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED STUFF ON THEIR SIDES. THEY MERGED, WHICH MADE SQUARE ENIX.

ACTIVISION AND BLIZZARD WERE SEPARATE COMPANIES, AND THEY BOTH HAD MANY CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED STUFF ON THEIR SIDES. THEY MERGED, WHICH MADE ACTIVISION BLIZZARD.

COD1-3 WERE CONSIDERED GOOD, BUT NOT THAT GREAT. FF1-3 WERE CONSIDERED GOOD, BUT NOT THAT GREAT. COD4 WAS CONSIDERED REVOLUTIONARY, AND FF4 WAS CONSIDERED REVOLUTIONARY. COD5 DIDN'T GET MUCH LOVE, AND FF5 DIDN'T GET MUCH LOVE EITHER.

COD6/MW2 SOLD EXTREMELY WELL, AND THE FANS CLAIM IT TO BE THE BEST IN THE SERIES SO FAR. FF 6 SOLD EXTREMELY WELL, AND THE FANS CLAIM IT TO BE THE BEST IN THE SERIES SO FAR.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fuck off with Call of Duty, it's a retarded game made by retarded people for retarded people. Anyone who buys that garbage is wasting their money on filth that is horribly short and lacks any kind of depth. Enjoy more mediocre and over hyped garbage fanboys.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
all the odd number cods' suck (with the exception of 6)

so PASS.
rofl2.gif

And Vietnam was a horrible, guerrilla war. There was almost no open combat. If you wanna play a game where all you do is hide and take fire without being able to shoot back, be my guest. It'd be like playing the British in a first-person American Revolution game (would be shocking if that actually existed).

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
CoD? More like Western Final fantasy.

SQUARE AND ENIX WERE SEPARATE COMPANIES, AND THEY BOTH HAD MANY CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED STUFF ON THEIR SIDES. THEY MERGED, WHICH MADE SQUARE ENIX.

ACTIVISION AND BLIZZARD WERE SEPARATE COMPANIES, AND THEY BOTH HAD MANY CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED STUFF ON THEIR SIDES. THEY MERGED, WHICH MADE ACTIVISION BLIZZARD.

COD1-3 WERE CONSIDERED GOOD, BUT NOT THAT GREAT. FF1-3 WERE CONSIDERED GOOD, BUT NOT THAT GREAT. COD4 WAS CONSIDERED REVOLUTIONARY, AND FF4 WAS CONSIDERED REVOLUTIONARY. COD5 DIDN'T GET MUCH LOVE, AND FF5 DIDN'T GET MUCH LOVE EITHER.

COD6/MW2 SOLD EXTREMELY WELL, AND THE FANS CLAIM IT TO BE THE BEST IN THE SERIES SO FAR. FF 6 SOLD EXTREMELY WELL, AND THE FANS CLAIM IT TO BE THE BEST IN THE SERIES SO FAR.

I'm pretty sure Call Of Duty 1 and 2 got some pretty good reception.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked a classmate of mine what games he played, he might as well have responded with 'There's more than one?'. After I asked this, he went on a 10 minute monologue about how CoD4 was the best thing ever. I brought up Nintendo and he said the one thing that boils my blood... He said, 'Nintendo is for kids'. When I asked him why he replied that he'd never seen a good FPS on a Nintendo system, or something like that. I walked away half-way through his response because first degree murder isn't on my bucket-list and I'd like to keep it that way.

Call of Duty is the single most over-rated game series ever produced.
I can't stand all of the little 12 year-olds going around claiming to be big-shot gamers, having never even touched a platformer or an RPG. FPS's are okay and I don't mind them, but it seems like that's all people can ever talk about and all that you can hope to see from anyone but Nintendo (well, that and bad movie-based titles).

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It'd be neat if the Wii got a double hitter-CoD6 and 7 and hopefully one of them would give us a good split-screen option >_> I gotta agree with _Chaz_ on most people not knowing games outside of halo/cod...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
SylvWolf said:
And Vietnam was a horrible, guerrilla war. There was almost no open combat. If you wanna play a game where all you do is hide and take fire without being able to shoot back, be my guest.

Can't really imagine how some of the game modes would work, can't imagine it being much fun if you ended up being on the side of the civillians having your homes burned down, even if you had the bucket of water perk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ