Viga Skywalker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help me.
I had the COD3 DVD, but now moved on the HD.
Then, i only use the CFG Loader (don't insist me to use other loader, okay), now the COD3 run until screen loading after selecting campaign mode and difficulty.
Inicially, was selected the default cios 249 (perfect to various games), but doesn't work because freeze on the loading screen. Then, changed to 250 (d2x v6 with base 56) and... same issue.
And now? Missing something?

PS: the COD3 is PAL, but setting to Force NTSC is colored, ok.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game works with d2x v6 base 56. Make sure you have CFG Set to block ios reloading in the settings, should be set to auto or on. If thats not the problem I would suggest you try redumping the game.

Viga Skywalker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game works with d2x v6 base 56. Make sure you have CFG Set to block ios reloading in the settings, should be set to auto or on. If thats not the problem I would suggest you try redumping the game.

The option "Block IOS Reload" cannot to be unchanged if i select IOS 250 d2x v6 base 56.
And now?

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The option "Block IOS Reload" cannot to be unchanged if i select IOS 250 d2x v6 base 56.
And now?

I can change the option just fine with my CFG with dx2 in slot 250. By default it should be on auto. If you press the left button on the d-pad it should change to "On" though it probably won't make a difference. Try re-dumping the game.

Viga Skywalker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now?

I can change the option just fine with my CFG with dx2 in slot 250. By default it should be on auto. If you press the left button on the d-pad it should change to "On" though it probably won't make a difference. Try re-dumping the game.

I tried to change this option, but it's "gray", sorry. Only the 249, 222, 223 and 224 are enabled to change the option.

About redumping the game... i dont have the DVD of the COD3, because my Wii have the chenged old drive to new drive (doesn't read the DVD backup more, only retails games), then I gave the DVD to my friend.

Viga Skywalker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read this paragraph:

"What does that imply? Well, it means that each mission reloads the IOS, which
results in USB support being dropped ... the equivalent of ejecting the disk occurs,
and the system bugs out. Simply blocking IOS Reload does not work, either, because
(and this is a pure guess) I'm thinking that between the disc DOL, the MAIN.DOL, and
each mission DOL, they use at least 2 different IOS files, so you can't completely
block the IOS reload because it needs to change IOS files to work. This paragraph,
of course, is just a guess."

Link: http://code.google.c...s/detail?id=873

Then, but that descrition is dated in 2009... today, most of us uses the d2x cios... even so, the COD3 doesn't work yet.
But, today i take other ISO and went to the HD... the game running as other IOS, but after selection the campaign mode, the games freeze on the loading screen. It's same situation. The problem is not in the ISOs, but on the scheme of IOSes in the USB Loader.

And now?? Help me...

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you need to upgrade USB Configurable Loader to "properly" block the IOS reload. I has the same issue and after the USB Configurable Loader upgrade COD3 started to work correctly. You can do the upgrade "online" within USB Configurable Loader, I don't remember all the settings, I think you need to hit the plus key or something like that. It's a global update and it's done over the internet, works perfectly.

Viga Skywalker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to upgrade USB Configurable Loader to "properly" block the IOS reload. I has the same issue and after the USB Configurable Loader upgrade COD3 started to work correctly. You can do the upgrade "online" within USB Configurable Loader, I don't remember all the settings, I think you need to hit the plus key or something like that. It's a global update and it's done over the internet, works perfectly.

Then, after read your post, i updated the CFG Loaded to 70 now.
The option "Block the IOS reload" is now change for 250[56] d2x v6.
I change to "no", but the game freezes on the loading screen, then i put to "yes" to block reload ios, but the problem is same.
And now? :(

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have the latest D2X cIOS.

Use ModMii to fetch them, and try using each one for each cIOS slot. I've seen that some games work better in cIOS slot 249, and others in 250.

EDIT: However, I do not have MW3 yet... I'm downloading it to see if I can make it work (I pirate, but only to see if the games are worth buying, ESPECIALLY the COD series for Wii)

Viga Skywalker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have the latest D2X cIOS.

Use ModMii to fetch them, and try using each one for each cIOS slot. I've seen that some games work better in cIOS slot 249, and others in 250.

EDIT: However, I do not have MW3 yet... I'm downloading it to see if I can make it work (I pirate, but only to see if the games are worth buying, ESPECIALLY the COD series for Wii)

Man, doesn't the MW3 that talking... it's about COD3, the first COD for the Wii.

Viga Skywalker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I redumped three times and the problem not is ISO, because the same DVD was running perfectly on my Wii via backup channel (Wii softmodded, driver switched and only read retail games).
Running with 50hz PAL or 60hz NTSC forced... whatever, the game freezes on the loading.

The problem is because the COD3 have the "ios reload" method... it's a problem for hd loader.

Viga Skywalker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I resolved my problem!!

I made a new attempt: Try with other cIOS functional for some older Wii games. So, i tested with cios 249 rev19 and it's work!!
Sorry for confusion! Thanks for all for help me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...