Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLtlUHl04A
My friend did all the editing, I'll admit I don't think I was at my best here but I like to rush more so the cool kills I got were good for my playstyles.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Six things.

1. Not as good as the best CoD Player ever.

2. Too much Slow-Mo.

3. Wording could be darker. (When you switch between you, and Tana. Your names in the right corner would be better darker IMO.)

4. Quality is kinda bad, but you can't help it.

5. Pretty good video, with nice footage.

6. Remember in your User title is spelled wrong.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I watched one minute of it, and I can already tell you this:

- The clips suck
- The quality is absolutely horrible (honestly, it's worse than most easycap footage I've seen - start messing with your recording settings, and edit better)
- The editing is poor

The dualtage is a 1/5, and that's being nice. Even for a beginner montage, it would have only been acceptable maybe three or four years ago.

- Try to make the feed clear: if you start feeding, people want to see your name popping up there to /know/ you were.
- Improve the quality, period. I don't know what capture card you use, but like I said, even an easycap can do better. Trust me, I have a friend who was stuck using an easycap for ages, and even though easycap quality is fairly unacceptable all on its own, people still liked the montages he put together (though the feed was still unreadable).
- Better clips. Seriously. Quickscopes aren't any good on their own unless you get a feed of at least three. No-scopes are no good unless they're blind, cross map (and that's still not very good these days), or utilized as part of a trick shot (in which case, you know, it's just the trick shot). If you can't trickshot, you either better get really good at grabbing large feeds, or learn how to trickshot a bit. You're entering a community where people make money off of the montages they make. You'll have to do better than the standard CoD player if you want views, much less recognition.

Edit: Watched another minute, and wow. Never ever include a grenade launcher shot. You're supposed to be showing off. Anybody can get kills with a grenade launcher. It's a no skill weapon. If you use anything other than a sniper rifle, you better get some monster feeds, and not just spawn kills because those aren't impressive unless you line it up from a little ways away with a sniper (generally, you know, not on Nuketown). A triply spray with an assault rifle is something, once again, that absolutely anybody could do. I suck at CoD, and I could do it.

Edit 2: I went ahead and finished it off, to be fair. None of my criticisms have changed. Being blunt, this was really bad.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

- The clips suck
- The quality is absolutely horrible (honestly, it's worse than most easycap footage I've seen - start messing with your recording settings, and edit better)
- The editing is poor

The dualtage is a 1/5, and that's being nice. Even for a beginner montage, it would have only been acceptable maybe three or four years ago.

- Try to make the feed clear: if you start feeding, people want to see your name popping up there to /know/ you were.
- Improve the quality, period. I don't know what capture card you use, but like I said, even an easycap can do better. Trust me, I have a friend who was stuck using an easycap for ages, and even though easycap quality is fairly unacceptable all on its own, people still liked the montages he put together (though the feed was still unreadable).
- Better clips. Seriously. Quickscopes aren't any good on their own unless you get a feed of at least three. No-scopes are no good unless they're blind, cross map (and that's still not very good these days), or utilized as part of a trick shot (in which case, you know, it's just the trick shot). If you can't trickshot, you either better get really good at grabbing large feeds, or learn how to trickshot a bit. You're entering a community where people make money off of the montages they make. You'll have to do better than the standard CoD player if you want views, much less recognition.
Watch the whole thing. It's far from just quickscopes. We never planned on getting recognition, this was just for fun.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country

- The clips suck
- The editing is poor

Watch the whole thing. It's far from just quickscopes. We never planned on getting recognition, this was just for fun.
Yeah, I finished it, and it only got worse. The specifics are in my edited post. Even if it's just for fun, you should still shoot for at least okay quality, especially if you're going to share it.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aside from the quality, and maybe some of the clips weren't great, I don't really know why your being so critical. Also, I got a quad feed with one grenade launcher shot, I don't know why you think that shouldn't have been included!

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm being critical because I've literally watched dozens of montages of varying quality and standards. You can't expect to make something like this, share it, and not have people be critical. And who cares if you hit four people with a big ass explosive? People manage that just by noobtubing a spawn. Like I said, it's a no skill weapon.
I mean, when you watch something like this and have what I posted below to compare it to, well, it's hard to not be critical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over