CoD AW Keeps crashing :(

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by R4Liam, Nov 5, 2014.

1. R4Liam
    OP

R4Liam Artsy Dude

Jul 7, 2009
    UK
    I have been playing this game for nearly 20 hours now and have only just came across this error. THe screen flickers and then goes blank, well more like a randomly coloured set of stripes cover the screen and then my computer crashes and I have to restart.

This started to happen with MW2 as well but I don't know how to fix it.

Here is a screenshot of the AW error

[​IMG]

What can I do and what is going on? :(

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
  3. R4Liam
    OP

R4Liam Artsy Dude

Jul 7, 2009
    UK
    I have tried google and that link but none offer a working solution for me. I have an AMD Radeon hd 7800 so why is the game freezing?

4. marcus134

marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 7, 2011
    Canada
    Québec
    have you updated to the latest drivers?
    If it does this in other titles and 3dmark11 then your card is probably dying.

5. R4Liam
    OP

R4Liam Artsy Dude

Jul 7, 2009
    UK

It started to do it in mw2 and rarely on cod 4. I uninstalled all related drivers and installed the latest ones, also I used Advanced System Care to clean my computer up a bit. It is working now but I will get an occasional screen stutter and weird noise to accompany it.

I really hope it isn't on it's way out, I only bought it last year. The whole rig set me back nearly £600, it's the fruits of my labour and I don't wanna see it die on me, especially because I use it in all my work. I'm scared now :O

6. marcus134

marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 7, 2011
    Canada
    Québec
    there's a manufacturer warranty you know, depending on the manufacturer, it can be anywhere between 2 years and lifetime.