CMOS kernel clock fix, Help

Snake_Plissken92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi, guys. I really need help with my PS4 Pro. While i was cleaning it, i took out CMOS battery unaware of CBOMB problem. Since it was on 8.03 firmware games were giving me an error, so i fixed that by upgrading software to 9.00. But now the problem is when i unplug console from the wall and plug it again, time resets to 1970's. Is there any other way to sync the kernel clock other than updating firmware to latest version and lose jailbreak ability? I really need advice guys. Thank you in advance.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may be able to fix it with todex, but the rtc payload only works on 5.05. it messes things up on later firmwares.

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'am currently on 5.05 i searched on net yet i didn't found executeable / bin payload files
after a minute of searching i found inside ps4whoar payload there's a feature called reactpsplus it will reset the internal clock back to 2013 so if my cmos battery died and i installed a new one i can playing with ps4 disc instead of kicking me out back to the homescreen with some error message

still wonder if they updated reactpsplus on 9.00 fw

Last edited by KuntilanakMerah,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe goldhen introduced a fix for cmos issues on lower firmware, but I don't think it will actually affect the rtc time without the right payload. The only other way I know is to sign in to psn, which you can't do.

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
goldhen just temporary fix like the OP said when plug out ps4 cable from the wall the clock went back to 1970 while reactpsplus is permanent fix

https://github.com/Mustafa0436/reactPSPLUS-0.1-9.00/issues/1#issuecomment-998829721

Mustafa0436 commented on 21 Dec 2021

I have only ported this Payload, so i can't really help you out bud.
Due to added kernel patches and redirection of kernel adresses, it seems like porting this payload is not enough. It has to be rewritten i guess... It's hard for me to test out since i have no ps plus games myself.
But you say that you gained access to the locked ps plus games, but with the following error CE-32894-6

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: KuntilanakMerah

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I asked on a dev's discord channel, and I got no response other than the fact that 9.00 fixes cbomb, even officially. however, I explained to them about the time resetting. I don't think there's anything that can be done unless todex can do it.

Reactions: Snake_Plissken92

Snake_Plissken92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
well, I asked on a dev's discord channel, and I got no response other than the fact that 9.00 fixes cbomb, even officially. however, I explained to them about the time resetting. I don't think there's anything that can be done unless todex can do it.
Thank you for reply. I have tried even sending kernel clock payload for 9.00 but it didn't fix it. However, i think the last thing one could try to do is: back everything up, update firmware to latest version, sync clock with PSN, and then downgrade again to 9.00. But as i saw modded warfare tutorial for downgrade, its a bit hard and frankly soldering and desoldering chips from board just to fix clock is not worth it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for reply. I have tried even sending kernel clock payload for 9.00 but it didn't fix it. However, i think the last thing one could try to do is: back everything up, update firmware to latest version, sync clock with PSN, and then downgrade again to 9.00. But as i saw modded warfare tutorial for downgrade, its a bit hard and frankly soldering and desoldering chips from board just to fix clock is not worth it.
yes, it's a pita. it also requires a back of the sflash, which you can get via ftp from the dev partition. it's actually a firmware reversion instead of a downgrade since you can only go back down to firmwares you have backups of.

Lab1

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi, guys. I really need help with my PS4 Pro. While i was cleaning it, i took out CMOS battery unaware of CBOMB problem. Since it was on 8.03 firmware games were giving me an error, so i fixed that by upgrading software to 9.00. But now the problem is when i unplug console from the wall and plug it again, time resets to 1970's. Is there any other way to sync the kernel clock other than updating firmware to latest version and lose jailbreak ability? I really need advice guys. Thank you in advance.
Step 1. Jailbreak using latest GoldHen.

Step 2. Go to Debug Settings > Playstation Network > NP Environment > Set to "Sp-Int " instead of 'np'. 'np' is set as Default. PS4 will restart with a confirmation. Click Yes.

Step 3. After restart jailbreak again.

Step 4. Now go to Debug Settings > System > Debug Network Clock > On (Set time Manually).

Step 5. Connect to Internet via Easy (this will remove any DNS settings that blocks sony servers)

Step 6. Go to Date and Time settings and Click Set Now instead of Setting manually. (You can select Automatically as well above Set Now option)

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Step 1. Jailbreak using latest GoldHen.

Step 2. Go to Debug Settings > Playstation Network > NP Environment > Set to "Sp-Int " instead of 'np'. 'np' is set as Default. PS4 will restart with a confirmation. Click Yes.

Step 3. After restart jailbreak again.

Step 4. Now go to Debug Settings > System > Debug Network Clock > On (Set time Manually).

Step 5. Connect to Internet via Easy (this will remove any DNS settings that blocks sony servers)

Step 6. Go to Date and Time settings and Click Set Now instead of Setting manually. (You can select Automatically as well above Set Now option)
thank you, can anyone confirm this method works?

AyAPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @Lab1 & @johsam

I transmitted the handling to someone I know who is in FW 9.0 and has the same problem following the change of his CMOS battery (except his year is "1997" and not "1970").

He reproduced it successfully, it worked.

On the other hand, he tried to leave the PS4 disconnected from power cord for a few hours, the clock of his PS4 returned as before.

Have you tested without the sector to see if it was still OK?

johsam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi @Lab1 & @johsam

I transmitted the handling to someone I know who is in FW 9.0 and has the same problem following the change of his CMOS battery (except his year is "1997" and not "1970").

He reproduced it successfully, it worked.

On the other hand, he tried to leave the PS4 disconnected from power cord for a few hours, the clock of his PS4 returned as before.

Have you tested without the sector to see if it was still OK?
Im guessing you mean if i can have my PS4 disconneced from the powercord without the clock reseting? Yes i can leave it without power overnight and it keeps the time.

Not sure why it isnt working for your friend. Faulty battery maybe..

Reactions: AyAPS

AyAPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im guessing you mean if i can have my PS4 disconneced from the powercord without the clock reseting? Yes i can leave it without power overnight and it keeps the time.
Yep I was meaning that.

Thank you for your feedback :)

EDIT: He tried again yesterday, with success, in fact he had typed a lower "i" in place of a upper "I" in "Sp-Int" in fact he type a lower "L" in place of a "i".
Big thanks to @Lab1 for the handling and to @johsam for feedback :)

Last edited by AyAPS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it