Cloning SD Card from one to Another?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ShinyMK, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ShinyMK
    OP

ShinyMK known as @initPRAGMA

Dec 29, 2015
    So I have 1 SD Card reader slot and I got myself a 8gb SD Card so I can actually install a few games. How can I clone my current SD's Partitions to my New One? I want it as if I never even transferred SD Cards. Basically I want the emuNand cloned over to it. I know I can just backup the 3ds folders etc and just put them onto the new SD card but what about the emuNand partition? How can I move that over safely?

2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    you can move emuand to another by making an emunand backup or with emuand tool or with emuand9

3. ShinyMK
    OP

Dec 29, 2015
    I have a EmuNand backup but how can I then install the EmuNand backup to the New SD Card? (Its a EmuNand.bin file) I have the EmuNand9 Tool just unsure where to go.

4. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    create a new emuand partition with gateway launcher or emuand9. then you inject the backup. (remeber to insert the nitnendo 3ds folder too!)

5. ShinyMK
    OP

Dec 29, 2015
    So I have my emunand backed up from my original SD Card, In EmuNand9 Tool what option do I choose to Inject it?

6. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    clone EmuNAND.bin to emunand
    emunand.bin goes in EMUNAND9 folder at the root of sdcard.

DesuIsSparta likes this.
  7. ShinyMK
    OP

Dec 29, 2015
    Okay I moved the emunand along with the old sd cards contents to the new one but it says the sd could not be recognized when I power on the system Any ideas?

8. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    copy ALL the files of your sd in a folder, format your sd card to FAT32, and then re-insert every file to sd.

9. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
  10. yoquesejeje

yoquesejeje Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    Argentina
    Its very simple i got 4 sd cards , fist copy the original sd card content to the pc (the one that its EMUNAND) , then copy that content to the sd card you want to clone (format this one in fat32 before) , then insert the sd card you want to clone into the 3ds go to gateway menu and format emunand (asumming you got a hax with gateway menu), this will format your new sd card and make it EMUNAND too, final go again to the pc and copy again all the content from the original sd car (becouse when you format emunand all the content is lost again), its done.

11. ShinyMK
    OP

Dec 29, 2015
    Yeah I got it working forgot t post her. I literally just ignored the message and after a while it stopped showing up and fixed itself. I think the 3ds might have added files or something to the SD dat fixed it