Not open for further replies.

NathanM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can clone wii discs and play them in a wii without softmoding or hombrew?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play Wii disc backups, the Wii must be softmodded and have an older disc drive (~2009 or older). Alternatively, depending on the Wii, you could hardmod your Wii using a modchip and wouldn't require a softmod.

NathanM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard you can clone a Disc with an LG Drive and alcohol 120% so it will run without hacking (you just need to already have put in the original disc first). Has anybody tried it?

snk4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your idea works on the Sega MegaCD ;)
Since then a few protections where added on our consoles.

NathanM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LG-8164b
LG-8163b
LG-8162b
LG-8161b

these are dvd readers for your pc that read the wii disk if you use rawdump or friidump . these LG drives are not dvd writers

I would assume that I would get the copy of the disc with an LG drive and then burn the DVD with the drive on my computer.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yep , copy your own wii disc with one of those dvd drives ...
...rawdump is easy to use and copies single layer discs only
and using friidump you can copy the dual layer discs such as super smash bro's or metroid , but you need to use command , friidump hdoesnt use a simple GUI

NathanM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep , copy your own wii disc with one of those dvd drives ...
...rawdump is easy to use and copies single layer discs only
and using friidump you can copy the dual layer discs such as super smash bro's or metroid , but you need to use command , friidump hdoesnt use a simple GUI

It works!!!
However my wii is about as old as it gets. Newer Wiis my or may not work like this. Either way I have got this to work on my Unmodded Wii with no homebrew enabled to play a cloned game disc :) :) :) .

I am writing an article about how to do this. I will be replying when it is done.

NathanM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't spread lies:teach: There is no way to create a backup that will play on any unmodded wii without some sort of homebrew involved.
There is plenty of software to make 1to1 clones. If you don't believe then just ignor me.

Maybe he has got some sort of Cioscorp / Darkcorp , i know those would run discs from disc channel
What's that?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
There is plenty of software to make 1to1 clones. If you don't believe then just ignor me.
I have got this to work on my Unmodded Wii with no homebrew enabled to play a cloned game disc :) :) :) .
I never said there wasn't software to make backups now did I, your claiming to able to play said backups on a unmodded wii without homebrew again not possible.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not softmod your Wii? Enabling Homebrew on it is one of the best things you can do plus you can play backed up Wii games from a usb flash drive witch loads a game faster and does not aware out your disc drive.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[...]
Maybe he has got some sort of Cioscorp / Darkcorp , i know those would run discs from disc channel
What's that?

Cioscorp/Darkcorp is the softmod equivalent of a really bad modchip.

Aynways, do you really believe that you are the 1st person to find a way to run DVD-R backups on completely unmodified Wiis? If it was as simple as you are saying, don't you think that somebody would have found out about it, like 5 years ago?

Also, what's special about your method? Where's the difference to ripping a game with CleanRip and burning it with any burning software? Do you even know that Wii discs are not actually DVDs?

I think you are either a troll, or your Wii has a modchip and you just don't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.