clone wii discs

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by NathanM, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NathanM
    OP

NathanM Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    United States
    Is there a way I can clone wii discs and play them in a wii without softmoding or hombrew?

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    To play Wii disc backups, the Wii must be softmodded and have an older disc drive (~2009 or older). Alternatively, depending on the Wii, you could hardmod your Wii using a modchip and wouldn't require a softmod.

3. NathanM
    OP

NathanM Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    United States
    I heard you can clone a Disc with an LG Drive and alcohol 120% so it will run without hacking (you just need to already have put in the original disc first). Has anybody tried it?

4. ddetkowski

ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Nice try, but it will not work, ever. The Wii needs to be modded to play it, even if you clone the disc.

5. snk4ever

snk4ever Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2006
    France
    Your idea works on the Sega MegaCD ;)
    Since then a few protections where added on our consoles.

6. ddetkowski

ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Maybe I'll burn a clone of my PS3 game and that will magically play on that system also! Wow! I never thought of that!

7. NathanM
    This message by NathanM has been removed from public view by Cyan, Apr 13, 2014, Reason: adds link.
    Jan 24, 2014
  8. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME

LG-8164b
    LG-8163b
    LG-8162b
    LG-8161b

these are dvd readers for your pc that read the wii disk if you use rawdump or friidump . these LG drives are not dvd writers

ddetkowski likes this.
  9. NathanM
    OP

NathanM Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    United States
    I would assume that I would get the copy of the disc with an LG drive and then burn the DVD with the drive on my computer.

10. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    yep , copy your own wii disc with one of those dvd drives ...
    ...rawdump is easy to use and copies single layer discs only
    and using friidump you can copy the dual layer discs such as super smash bro's or metroid , but you need to use command , friidump hdoesnt use a simple GUI

11. NathanM
    OP

NathanM Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    United States
    It works!!!
    However my wii is about as old as it gets. Newer Wiis my or may not work like this. Either way I have got this to work on my Unmodded Wii with no homebrew enabled to play a cloned game disc :) :) :) .

I am writing an article about how to do this. I will be replying when it is done.

12. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Shouldn't spread lies:teach: There is no way to create a backup that will play on any unmodded wii without some sort of homebrew involved.

13. flo

flo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2006
    Hungary
    Maybe he has got some sort of Cioscorp / Darkcorp , i know those would run discs from disc channel

14. NathanM
    This message by NathanM has been removed from public view by Cyan, Apr 13, 2014, Reason: scam.
    Apr 10, 2014
  15. NathanM
    OP

NathanM Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    United States
    There is plenty of software to make 1to1 clones. If you don't believe then just ignor me.

What's that?

16. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    I never said there wasn't software to make backups now did I, your claiming to able to play said backups on a unmodded wii without homebrew again not possible.

17. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Why not softmod your Wii? Enabling Homebrew on it is one of the best things you can do plus you can play backed up Wii games from a usb flash drive witch loads a game faster and does not aware out your disc drive.

18. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Cioscorp/Darkcorp is the softmod equivalent of a really bad modchip.

Aynways, do you really believe that you are the 1st person to find a way to run DVD-R backups on completely unmodified Wiis? If it was as simple as you are saying, don't you think that somebody would have found out about it, like 5 years ago?

Also, what's special about your method? Where's the difference to ripping a game with CleanRip and burning it with any burning software? Do you even know that Wii discs are not actually DVDs?

I think you are either a troll, or your Wii has a modchip and you just don't know it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.