Hacking Clear logs with ReiNX?

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great news, thanks for the tip! It seemed like clearing logs was one of the definite ban triggers, so it's interesting to hear that you're in the clear. Thanks!
Yeah, maybe it's just a matter of time... I hope not :P
However, just found out that I've been clearing my logs and playing online since May! More than 2 months. Great news

Reactions: cagycee

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news, thanks for the tip! It seemed like clearing logs was one of the definite ban triggers, so it's interesting to hear that you're in the clear. Thanks!
Clearing error logs confirmed to have banned at least one user according to this thread if you read the red box. Upon further investigation, he had submitted error logs that would not be generated on an unhacked console and when those error reports were not sent the next time he connected online, Nintendo confirmed this was the reason he was banned. I'd also like to point out that clearing error logs on 5.X is not recommended according to a very well-known and trusted hacker. In fact, it may have even gotten another user banned because the only other action he performed was homebrew meaning error logs may have contributed to his ban. Lastly, many people have not been banned for hacks deemed unsafe by the community such as LayeredFS and SX OS. Not to mention that Nintendo usually bans in waves so while someone is not banned now, they may be banned in the future. As always, exercise extreme caution when clearing your error logs.

Reactions: cagycee

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Clearing error logs confirmed to have banned at least one user according to this thread if you read the red box. Upon further investigation, he had submitted error logs that would not be generated on an unhacked console and when those error reports were not sent the next time he connected online, Nintendo confirmed this was the reason he was banned. I'd also like to point out that clearing error logs on 5.X is not recommended according to a very well-known and trusted hacker. https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1011321806207107072In fact, it may have even gotten another user banned because the only other action he performed was homebrew meaning error logs may have contributed to his ban. Lastly, many people have not been banned for hacks deemed unsafe by the community such as LayeredFS and SX OS. Not to mention that Nintendo usually bans in waves so while someone is not banned now, they may be banned in the future. As always, exercise extreme caution when clearing your error logs.
So, if you wanna use nx dreport, you gotta be sure that you have never sent any suspicious error log to Nintendo even a single time

cagycee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearing error logs confirmed to have banned at least one user according to this thread if you read the red box. Upon further investigation, he had submitted error logs that would not be generated on an unhacked console and when those error reports were not sent the next time he connected online, Nintendo confirmed this was the reason he was banned. I'd also like to point out that clearing error logs on 5.X is not recommended according to a very well-known and trusted hacker. https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1011321806207107072In fact, it may have even gotten another user banned because the only other action he performed was homebrew meaning error logs may have contributed to his ban. Lastly, many people have not been banned for hacks deemed unsafe by the community such as LayeredFS and SX OS. Not to mention that Nintendo usually bans in waves so while someone is not banned now, they may be banned in the future. As always, exercise extreme caution when clearing your error logs.
interesting.... I cleared my logs like 2 times while on 5.1.0. Still not banned but we'll see within the next few weeks.

electronrancher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, maybe it's just a matter of time... I hope not :P
However, just found out that I've been clearing my logs and playing online since May! More than 2 months. Great news

Fingers crossed! Be sure to keep us updated if anything changes, but I'm glad to hear it's all good so far. And hope it stays that way!

Reactions: Phenj

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So, if you wanna use nx dreport, you gotta be sure that you have never sent any suspicious error log to Nintendo even a single time
IMO, if you want to use nx dreport, you gotta be sure you haven't sent a single log to Nintendo from the time you started fresh (newly bought, newly initialized) with your switch. Because if the console already sent a log prior to using nx dreport, your console's next log report will have a discrepancy with the previous one sent.

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IMO, if you want to use nx dreport, you gotta be sure you haven't sent a single log to Nintendo from the time you started fresh (newly bought, newly initialized) with your switch. Because if the console already sent a log prior to using nx dreport, your console's next log report will have a discrepancy with the previous one sent.
Doesn't seem to be the case. Bought my switch over 1 year ago, went online multiple times, and it's been barely 2 months since i started to use nx-dreport.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Doesn't seem to be the case. Bought my switch over 1 year ago, went online multiple times, and it's been barely 2 months since i started to use nx-dreport.
Yeah, well Rei also says it's safe to use no matter the case. But man, all these conflicting statements from trusted devs are quite confusing.

Reactions: Phenj

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: