Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've previously installed 3.65 enso on my Vita for over a year but recently kept having "memeory card couldn't be read" issues on coming out of sleep mode. I usd an sd2vita with a 32gig SanDisk card but also forgot I had an 8gig Vita memeory card in the system too.

In any case I've formatted both just to bring everything back to a clean slate but noticed even when I format the vita internal memory (i have a slim) the system boots with enso 3.65.

It doesn't boot with vitashell or any thing else though, just the default icons. What's the best course of action going forward? I was just going to go through the steps from scratch.

I've had issues connecting this vita via wifi and used vitashell to do file management on my PC via micro usb previously.

I guess the main option would be using auto h-encore to get vita shell back on? https://github.com/noahc3/auto-h-encore

Last edited by Hyroero,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I personally placed vita shell, and a couple other apps, on internal memory (without an sd2vita or a memory card). if I were to remove the sd2vita (not using a memory card), vita shell and the other apps would be present. I did this as a precaution, and I've tested it (it works). I don't know if those would've been wiped by a format though (might have to do system restore in recovery menu for this).

personally, it sounds like you have a defective sd2vita or it's not pushed in all the way. I've had this happen to me (it not being pushed in all the way) on my pstv. I don't normally experience it with the vita, because I push it in, then out, then back in to make sure it's secure. it seems more problematic to me with the pstv, but if it's not plugged in all the way with the vita, it usually freezes on the enso logo or with the pstv, no video. I did have an issue once where it was pushed in enough to work, but tales of hearts r error'd upon opening. I took out the sd2vita, then reinserted it again, and the error went away. that's why I don't like backing up my micro sd card (especially with the pstv) in case it doesn't get pushed in all the way. if it's completely not making contact, the sd2vita won't be read, and the system will rebuild the database. I think the original layout and folders are kept somewhere else other than the app.db or there's a backup of sorting within the app.db just for this occurrence (possibly for legit users in case they don't plug the memory card in correctly, they won't have to redo everything this way).

Reactions: NeoGranzon

Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
btw, I personally placed vita shell, and a couple other apps, on internal memory (without an sd2vita or a memory card). if I were to remove the sd2vita (not using a memory card), vita shell and the other apps would be present. I did this as a precaution, and I've tested it (it works). I don't know if those would've been wiped by a format though (might have to do system restore in recovery menu for this).

personally, it sounds like you have a defective sd2vita or it's not pushed in all the way. I've had this happen to me (it not being pushed in all the way) on my pstv. I don't normally experience it with the vita, because I push it in, then out, then back in to make sure it's secure. it seems more problematic to me with the pstv, but if it's not plugged in all the way with the vita, it usually freezes on the enso logo or with the pstv, no video. I did have an issue once where it was pushed in enough to work, but tales of hearts r error'd upon opening. I took out the sd2vita, then reinserted it again, and the error went away. that's why I don't like backing up my micro sd card (especially with the pstv) in case it doesn't get pushed in all the way. if it's completely not making contact, the sd2vita won't be read, and the system will rebuild the database. I think the original layout and folders are kept somewhere else other than the app.db or there's a backup of sorting within the app.db just for this occurrence (possibly for legit users in case they don't plug the memory card in correctly, they won't have to redo everything this way).

Thanks for the reply. I'll wait for my new larger SD card to arrive first then see about getting vita shell on internal for the future.

Yeah its weird it only happens when coming out of sleep mode and even then its random. Sometimes a game can be on standby for a week other times it'll happen within an hour. I should have checked to see if it wasn't some sort of error with the extra vita memory card too. I did try taking the sd2vita cart out and putting it back in but the error still cropped up every now and then.

Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

So i figured out if i boot while holding L i can actually use the vitashell that was installed on the sony memory card. I guess because when the plugins are stopped it defaults back there instead of sd2vita.

How do you go about installed vitashell on the internal memory? Just copy a vpk there and go? I'd like to have it on internal so if i stuff things up even more i will still have vitashell there to get me out of trouble.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a 2K system to do so. though, I've heard there's a way even with a 1K system, to create internal memory, because the memory is there, just not accessible normally. remove the memory card and the sd2vita, then install vita shell like you normally would.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So i figured out if i boot while holding L i can actually use the vitashell that was installed on the sony memory card. I guess because when the plugins are stopped it defaults back there instead of sd2vita.

How do you go about installed vitashell on the internal memory? Just copy a vpk there and go? I'd like to have it on internal so if i stuff things up even more i will still have vitashell there to get me out of trouble.
@Hyroero ,simply hack without Sd2vita inserted in your PS Vita with Final Hencore 2 and install it from the program,so if you take out the Sd2Vita and rebuild the database after reboot, it also has Vitashell (ux0 internal memory), which is changed when enter Sd2vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: