classic controller for gamecube/wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by eriol33, Aug 7, 2016.

1. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    hi guys, I just saw this product on ebay, and I am quite interested to buy it. I currently have a gamecube controller, wii classic controller (3rd party, hooked on the wiimote)

I want to buy another controller so I can play my wii with my sister

This is obviously a third party controller. but is it compatible with the homebrews? a while ago my wii crashed a lot because I used the third party wii classic controller

[​IMG]

2. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    it...

Huh. A classic controller with a Gamecube port.

Why?

Anyhoo it should be recognized as a gamecube controller, so any homebrews that recognize gamecube controller should work with it.

Just, you know, without analog trigger support.

3. eriol33
    OP

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    maybe for people who want to play with emulators with a controller that resembles snes controller.

anyone ever bought this before? I am bit cautious to buy third party controller since it makes the wii very unstable :(

I thought I could play wii emulators with wii classic controller pro only, but the delay is killing me.

not sure whether third party controller will cause instability if plugged on gamecube ports.

Last edited by eriol33, Aug 7, 2016
  4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Why not just get a Nintendo CC? It's likely that one isn't going to work right with Gamecube loaders or Wii games with it plugging into a GC port.

5. eriol33
    OP

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I got a genuine gamecube controller, it's actually to save cost for me. the price is rather steep (although it's really worth it).

also, I feel gamecube buttons are a bit weird. I have re-mapped the keys when playing SNES emulator, and I probably will be more comfortable with something that resembles the old super nintendo controller

6. xcrazyboy92x

xcrazyboy92x Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    United States
    I heard 3rd party controllers have problems such as hit-and-miss even though they cost cheap so it's better to buy authentic controllers. They may cost more money but they're reilable. I have 3 classic controllers. One is the Classic Controller Pro Black Version, one is the Pro White Version and the other is the Original Classic Controller and it's White. They're all genuine. I also have an official Gamecube Controller and it's Platinum. Bought it in 2005 and it works like a charm!!