Classic Controller Analog Button Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by KhaderWelaye, Jan 10, 2013.

1. KhaderWelaye
    OP

KhaderWelaye GBAtemp Stubborn Injection Guy

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    Hi there,

Does anyone know of any game that makes good use of the analog L and R buttons on the Classic Controller? Or even ANY use at all?

I know someone that's working on controller adapters with the Classic Controller and he hasn't been able to test the analog portion of the L and R buttons due to the lack of games that even support those analog triggers.

Thanks!

2. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    according to Wikipedia the controller has only 2 analog shoulder buttons, but only in the first version
    the shoulder buttons on the "Pro" version are all digital

I didn't even know that those buttons were analog :P

3. KhaderWelaye
    OP

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    Yea, those are the buttons I was referring to. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

4. wiimanofthenorth

wiimanofthenorth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2011
    You could always try installing wii2600, and use a rom (some sort of paddle type game) that uses those buttons. I'm sorry I don't have a final answer, but it should put you into the right direction?

5. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    There was actually a Wiiware racing game released a year or two ago that uses the analog shoulder buttons to accelerate and brake I think, however I can't remember the name.
    I'm pretty sure because I distinctly remember that I had just upgraded to a CC Pro and I was disappointed that it didn't have analogs for that game.
    Or was it an homebrew ? :unsure:

Anyway, I believe in the beginning the CC had this analog L and R buttons to mimic and possibly emulate a Gamecube controller ( maybe with planned Wii system menu updates that never saw the light ) , but then we were never able to play GC games with the CC......

6. KhaderWelaye
    OP

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    Did that game happen to be High Voltage Hot Rod Show?