efaj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbclash.co.cc
XP
Country
teonintyfive said:
The idiots who are sad because Nintendo closes them down should learn their lesson.

DON'T FREAKING NAME THE GAME SUPER SMASH BROS! ITS' F'ING COPYRIGHTED! JUST NAME IT -something other than super smash bros- AND YOU'RE FINE
Well, it's called Clash DS. And Rumble was not closed. It was an April's fool joke. They just stopped doing stuff. Supposedly they are still doing things, but I've seen no game for months.
I haven't heard of a closed SSB homebrew yet. Only some other Clash homebrew for the Wii, but apparently it was rejected because they tried to get it licensed. So that's one reason the game is called Clash, to use that other Clash project as a cover.
*deja vu*

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
DarthYoshi said:
the last SSB homebrew (SSB Rumble) was shot down by Nintendo. I hope this one doesn't also get killed.

Not that it was any good
unsure.gif

spearman792

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I smell failure... Unfortunately, these type of homebrew never last. Super Smash Bros Rumble never produced anything good, and never will; Super Smash Bros DS was canceled, and although it was replaced Battle of the Worlds, that's not likely to produce any results either. It seems that GEMESIS is never happy enough with his work to release anything and I'm willing to bet it stays that way.

I'm such a pessimist, eh? haha

efaj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbclash.co.cc
XP
Country
Toki~ said:
It does look like it has alot of potential. Although i can't seem to get onto the forum any more. It keeps directing me to some bookface site. Anyone else getting that problem?
http://ssbclash.boardzero.com/

We ran out of CPU quota. Screw free hosters... That one should work. Also, ssbclash.co.cc was updated to send you that one too

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enarky said:
Another crappy demo that eventually will go nowhere? Haven't we seen enough of that already? I wish people were faster to produce than to announce.

QFT.

Also, the comment about the copyrighted name makes no sense. The issue with projects like this isn't the name, it's the fact that they are using licensed characters. Large game companies don't appreciate this sort of thing.

As has been stated before, SSBR was NOT shut down, it was a stupid joke. They are supposedly still working on it, but there's been nothing for a while.

I hope to see this come to fruition, but it was a pretty stupid move to announce/release it when it's still in beta. There hasn't been an instance of Nintendo shutting down a SSB homebrew, but there is a much larger chance of it happening if you announce it early. Also, more companies than just Nintendo are going to be on your ass about it since you are including their characters. If you plan on adding Square Enix characters, do not announce or release them until it is finished as SE REALLY does not tolerate that sort of thing.

efaj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbclash.co.cc
XP
Country
Actually, I just posted on GBAdev hoping to get more coders and spriters yesterday. Today I woke and decided to google Clash DS. And on the first page I found this. Lol. I guess I'll google my name next.
This was not meant to be a full Demo 1 release. But anyways, good to see the nice reception.

Btw, the source is open. If you wish you can access our SVN. Go to the ssbclash.boardzero.com forum. The URL is there. (yeah, you could grab the code and compile it yourself and take all the credit)

zeldamaster2013

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr... once again, SSBR was not shut down. April fools joke.

Also, these guys broke off of SSBR. Emanuel (main coder for this) used to be SSBR's coder until he threw a "hissyfit" (about characters)* and left

* he says that there should only be Nintendo characters

Well, I'm rooting for both anyways

BlazeShaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbrumble.info
XP
Country
I am a mod on Clash DS, and we have quite a few characters but we are having no more. WE have lelouch because the main coder and creator, emmanuel, wanted him in.

We wanted more than just Nintendo characters, because there are so many GREAT fighting characters out there. That is why we have them. The game is coming along great. I am manager of the blog and I keep it up to date with all the news, so check regularly. Thanks!

and i ASSURE you, the game is coming along very well! this wont just be abandoned. We are coming along nicely.

For a list of characters, go to this forum post= http://ssbclash.200gigs.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66

efaj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbclash.co.cc
XP
Country
BlazeShaman said:
I am a mod on Clash DS, and we have quite a few characters but we are having no more. WE have lelouch because the main coder and creator, emmanuel, wanted him in.
You make it sound corrupt TT_TT I wasn't the one who proposed him, and he got polled in fairly.

BTW, when the game is more advanced, we will definitely open more slots for characters. It's mostly to focus on the stuff we have on hands. If we have a character list of dozens of pages, we will end up going nowhere.

But, don't worry. So far, it's easy to add chars. And, if we improve, I believe we'll get more spriters and coders, making it faster to add more characters. And, the main frame is already set for multiplayer. I am just waiting for a supposed update on DSWifi. We only need to send the keys being pressed at least to have a multiplayer (though, it wouldn't be much fun if I add it right now, would it?

Swifty1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
efaj said:
BlazeShaman said:
You make it sound corrupt TT_TT I wasn't the one who proposed him.
That would be me. I'm Swifty on the Clash forums (but someone's already taken that name here).

But he was voted for by the members of the forum. There are some other characters that are still being considered; Raz from Psychonauts, D. Bito (or Beat) from TWEWY, Henry Hatsworth and some others.

We're already significantly further than that test (in sprites and design at least) so we're not going to be going anywhere anytime soon.

ZakkyChan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on Rumble's side, but they are going nowhere, so now I'm mainly on Clash. They actually seem to be going forward.

Oh and we've had discussions about the name of the game. SSB Clash is basically a code name. It will not actually be "Super Smash Bros." although the "Clash" part may be included in the final name.

If you want more information, I would suggest browsing the forums (ssbclash.co.cc) and maybe registering (it only takes about a minute).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!