Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
this thread is not "what has JustPingo done", it's about memchunkhax2 and the like.

speaking of which, I know of some of you are curious: I decided to just take the latest memchunkhax2, build it, and run it on a blue system. it caused a hard freeze where nothing changed (not even 3D, despite the 3D light being on) and forcing the power off was the only way out. so there you go.

As said before, there's no point trying compiling the repo, it's either debugging or just not working ^^

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest adding to the FAQ section that this should allow full access on 9.3-9.4 (with memchunkhax2 and existing hacks for full access).

PixelTheKWolf

Memelord Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you decipher that code? Is it of any significance? The first sign of fraud and deception is to be outspoken. He will continue to talk the talk, I don't doubt that, but where is the actual proof of progression? He has already avoided outright questions, he has already implied that he has ceased work on SNShax - and he will continue to vaguely respond to all interactions with as little information as possible and he will be defended by the likes of individuals such as yourself because you remain hopeful. I am glad I will be cast as the enemy just because I am willing to doubt him, and I am glad the basis of my invalid arguments will be due to my low post count. It proves the awful state of this forum and community.
Bruh. you just joined today, and this is what the ignore button is for. now back to the topic, and stop trolling. And yes, i CAN decipher that code. im not that stupid.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this already, but that's not going to stop me from trying anyway. besides, you know that people are going to be curious as to what it does regardless.

Damn, I give you props for doing that. Would have sucked if it bricked your system or something, but, since you saw the code, you knew something bad would have happened if you ran the code in it's current state.

Reactions: Mrrraou

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suggest adding to the FAQ section that this should allow full access on 9.3-9.4 (with memchunkhax2 and existing hacks for full access).

Well iirc there would still be modifications to be done on the things using the exploit so I'm not completely sure that it will
be that straight forward.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I give you props for doing that. Would have sucked if it bricked your system or something, but, since you saw the code, you knew something bad would have happened if you ran the code in it's current state.
there's no way this program will make permanent (or any) changes to the NAND. there's really no risk of a brick just building and running memchunkhax2. still, I wouldn't recommend it. ;)

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's no way this program will make permanent (or any) changes to the NAND. there's really no risk of a brick just building and running memchunkhax2. still, I wouldn't recommend it. ;)

Userland-only bricks is something that most people don't know about, especially if you're tinkering with the kernel.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shall stalk github and forums Tull memchunkhax2 comes out ... Not that its gunna help but stalking makes me feel batter

It's not going to make you feel better. All it's going to make you do is pant while your wait for the hax to come out. If something goes fatally wrong with the hax (doubt it will happen), you're going to get upset.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even when not touching to the NAND, iirc yellows8 bricked a console while only messing with the street pass LED.
that's kind of a special case, isn't it? since that's a hardware component, or something

either way I still don't see that much risk involved at this time but of course you shouldn't run it unless you know what you're doing.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Seeing as this is a clarification thread, let's get things straight.

SNShax is something that JustPingo was never actually working on. This child plays minecraft and wouldn't know the first thing about coding or programming. He will always conveniently cease development of any project. Always ask for proof. I can assure you that he isn't even working on KTM. I mean, he's just lurking this thread, wouldn't someone in his position actually be doing something rather than posting here?
You know, without anything stable to present, it ultimately renders nothing to present. Right now we can see some actual work being done, but there's nothing presentable yet. Once something can be presented, it will be presented. There's no reason for baseless attacking.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh if anyone comes to a thread to say "not real, fake, you guys are stupid for believing in something" then just literally put them on your block list. Who cares, let your hopes rise because this is very real and we have tons of proof to put against their false claims.

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Again, my post count is somehow a gauge of my intelligence. And my willingness to doubt a false prophet is considered trolling. Well played GBAtemp. I'm not here to troll or cause arguments. Only to try and help people open their eyes to a blatant liar. If JustPingo will release any work on SNShax I will personally buy you a n3ds. He has already said all he had done was "research" before giving up.

Did you realize how much money you're about to spend with that statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34