Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So uhh I came back and I found 54 more pages, anything useful I might have missed?
SNShax cancelled? And I guess still working on memchunkhax2 right? Keep it the good job~
Snshax canned
Memchunkhax2 is still being worked on
And new noob friendly app to down grade is coming out in place of snshax

Bluelight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Code:
        printf("DO NOT turn off you console during\nthe process: it WILL brick.\n");
        printf("DO NOT get to HomebrewMenu during\nthe process: it WILL brick.\n");
        printf("DO NOT remove the SD card during\nthe process: it WILL brick.\n");
        printf("DO NOT throw off your 3DS during\nthe process: it WILL break.\n");

@JustPingo Really noobfriendly lol and I didn't know that KTM was a legit CIA installer too it's cool.

Reactions: Lycan911

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
eShop is back, no updates yet.

95b57e2ea109069cc4f7893317d3a515.jpg

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Code:
        printf("DO NOT turn off you console during\nthe process: it WILL brick.\n");
        printf("DO NOT get to HomebrewMenu during\nthe process: it WILL brick.\n");
        printf("DO NOT remove the SD card during\nthe process: it WILL brick.\n");
        printf("DO NOT throw off your 3DS during\nthe process: it WILL break.\n");

@JustPingo Really noobfriendly lol and I didn't know that KTM was a legit CIA installer too it's cool.
Because some people want to find every reason to try and sue someone =P

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Code:
printf("Please leave your console charging during the process.\n\n"); 
if (kDown & KEY_B) return 1; 
if (isBatteryCharging == 0) { printf("Your console is not charging. Please leave it charging.\n\n"); } else {
Heh, I love a good enforced charging, helps ward off noobs bearing 'I ran out of battery' signs.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Code:
printf("Please leave your console charging during the process.\n\n");
if (kDown & KEY_B) return 1;
if (isBatteryCharging == 0) { printf("Your console is not charging. Please leave it charging.\n\n"); } else {
Heh, I love a good enforced charging, helps ward off noobs bearing 'I ran out of battery' signs.
@JustPingo but at me the battery charge does not work well and sometimes work and sometimes not. PLEASE DO NOT FORCE BATTERY CHARGE!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...or add some kind of message saying JustPingo is not liable or responsible if your system bricks due to the battery dying. and make it more than just one confirmation or pause for a few seconds. but blocking it entirely is dumb.

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
...or add some kind of message saying JustPingo is not liable or responsible if your system bricks due to the battery dying. and make it more than just one confirmation or pause for a few seconds. but blocking it entirely is dumb.

Considering you're doing your downgrade at home and with time, this not much of a problem imho.
But yeah the unsafe mode was expected anyway.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering you're doing your downgrade at home and with time, this not much of a problem imho.
But yeah the unsafe mode was expected anyway.
if the battery is fully charged, there's pretty much no way it will die during the downgrade. besides, the power light will turn red when it's low, and will blink for some time when it's getting close to dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...