Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Couldn't this Emulator just start the native Gba mode inside every DS and load the rom with that?
No, because this is an emulator, and that's not an emulator.

This is a 3ds emulator... there is no gba hardware on 3ds it was just on the original ds.
Actually the 3ds also has gba compatibility mode - see the Ambassador gba games. See also the AGB_FIRM thread in the rom hacking subforum for a way to run gba games on 9.2 or below consoles.

Reactions: SLiV3R and riverscn

KnightBearGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after downloading a gba bios , the emu just freezes after the gameboy advance screen , i cant acess games :/ what am i doing wrong please help

Firstly, you don't need to run the bios file. Just keep it in the directory. Secondly, try a lot of different games to see if the game is what's freezing. The compatibility list for this emulator is practically non-existent.

I know Megaman Battle Network runs. See if you can get it to start up.

KnightBearGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the updated one? I have the latest & it doesn't even launch.

If you go to Smea's page and download the starter kit, it contains the updated files.

Which megaman battle network works? I put 6 on with n3dsxl and it runs veeerryyy slooowlyy

That's the point. Most games run very slowly, but it BOOTS, so its the one game I know for sure to use and see if the hack was installed correctly.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So far it seems everything is a slow unplayable mess on O3ds, where it will freeze to load something, for no reason. And it has trouble booting the bios.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh........dont know if this has been brought up, but I think the Dev of this App may have stumbled on something others have been trying to figure out. I was running this and was just messing around on my N3DS, and noticed, the C Nub and ZL/ZR are USABLE!!!!!!! Granted the C Nub does movements from the JoyStick/Directional and the ZL/ZR do what the L/R do. So I dont know what he did, but might want to look into that for the PRBoom3DS and any others. Could open the door for tons of other Emus :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof