Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Really won't work I don't think without kernel access. For one, I have to remap the dynrec areas as RWX (I need all 3), which needs proper SVCs or kernel to get them, and on top of that I need a way to clear icache and dcache from usermode (which can only be done with kernel access). Kinda crummy, I know, but not much I can do about it to be honest. I mean, I could try and find another ARM11 kernel exploit, whether it's worth the time or not is another question though.
well a new kernel for everyone getting homebrew on 9.9 would be amazing xD but i know finding a kernel exploit will be alot of work, maybe trough tubehax since it uses an older browser?

Autrui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
some possible solutions:
a) sometimes its the bios, maybe another will help (I used one from emuparadise on n3ds)
b) i had a problem with emerald german version, but english version started fine. Do you have game_config in the root of the sd?
c) are you using new 3ds or o3ds? apparently changing the boot launcher for o3ds could help (earlier posts mentioned something about that)

But gameplay is still slower than the videos shinyquagsire showed :( in the videos it was playable, I guess it has to be optimized for tubeHax or I have to change the bios.

I got another bios, to try. Same problem with Emerald and Ruby. But no problem with a Metroid Fusion rom.
Using a New 3DS.
I have game_config in the root of the sd yes, but I thought the Pokemon Emerald FR was in it, so... no problem, in theory ?

Lorenzooone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it normal that Mother 3 on an Old 3DS via ironhax doesn't load? Or is it because I translated it to italian?

EDIT: nvm, I just saw the pastebin... So it's not only my patch that doesn't work...

Last edited by Lorenzooone,
Reactions: KnightBearGames

dtwpurple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i wanted to see if i could run the gen 3 poke'mans, as i could not get them running and i'm pretty sure everyone else cant either but i ran across and also the OP's youtube and watched him play it and it ran fine. idk if i'm just retarded and it just doesnt work anymore for some odd rasin or what....?

dtwpurple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been reading them for days. i'm just wondering why shinyquagmire's video and the one i posted shows off that it works just fine. is that not just a bit weird?

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am seeing that a GBA emu for O3DS Ether won't happen stably or most likely wont happen for a long time or if someone else builds it ....
I am sorry to come off rude but it seems the only thing homebrewing is worth is for emulators and the best one has a high chance of not running on a O3ds -_-
Homebrew has been out for months too wow..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

<snip> has bios that work

Last edited by Sicklyboy, , Reason: We don't talk about warez sites here
Reactions: AtlasFontaine

dtwpurple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both. The video's im talking about both have N3ds. This is shiny's video. I just want some clarification as to what is going on in the video( Citragb buildwise and version of ninjhax) if that's too much to ask welll then idk...

KnightBearGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't speak that language, so I can't tell what they are saying. However, I know that GBA games run better on the New 3DS than the Old because of the presence of an additional core.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer