Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

loco365

Trophies
XP
That's why I've been handing out my personal compilation of files, because most of the files are outdated, and the SNES emulator isn't even the correct version for the hack.
Yeah, BlargSNES was 1.2 in the pack, while I ran 1.3 which properly runs F-Zero.

@Electric91 Final Fantasy III doesn't run past the title screen, jsyk. Tried it earlier today. To run the game it seems you need to first import a battery save that has progress on it. In addition it seems using a bed doesn't work properly either, the game fades to black but never comes back. :P

Reactions: Electric91

VexSilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I've been handing out my personal compilation of files, because most of the files are outdated, and the SNES emulator isn't even the correct version for the hack.

Sorry to overwhelm, just pm'd you as well. I've tried Smea's new boot file, but still freeze when trying to load a rom. I've only tried Megaman & Bass, but it should be running, I believe.

KnightBearGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helped almost 20 people at this point. If Smealum did fix his files, you may consider using his new updated file. However, I saw no mention to him fixing his incorrect SNES file, so it may be just as wise to message me for my files. Also... the right bios file can be hard to find.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, to anyone wondering, by far the best emulator on the system is the Gameboy/Gameboy Color emulator.

Reactions: VexSilver

VexSilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megaman & Bass crash the emulator

Edit: Tried Megman 0. Frames are running far too slow for anything to be viable for this game as well. But I got it running. Thanks to the person who helped me out. I suppose I'll have to test some roms and report back. :)

Oh, alright, let me try another. :)

Last edited by VexSilver,
Reactions: KnightBearGames

KnightBearGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a foregone conclusion that most games will not run well on the emulator in its current state. Just give it some time and believe in the dev. He's a good guy.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll want to use the version linked in the OP. It has dynarec and runs fairly well on my O3DS.
For whatever reason, it's not using dynarec emulation under newer firmware using the new exploits. I didn't look in depth at it, as I'm fine just using my micro, but my guess is CitrAGB will probably have to be updated for the newer firmware.

loco365

Trophies
XP
For whatever reason, it's not using dynarec emulation under newer firmware using the new exploits. I didn't look in depth at it, as I'm fine just using my micro, but my guess is CitrAGB will probably have to be updated for the newer firmware.
Hm. Perhaps. I'm on 9.2 still so that definitely can be a potential issue.

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Perhaps. I'm on 9.2 still so that definitely can be a potential issue.

Yeah, I'm on 9.9 (old 3ds) and using ironhax, and I can only run from interpreter. Minish Cap runs at barely playable speed. (Updating from the version smea added to his homebrew starter kit to the OP version helped dramatically, though.)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you run the emulator with the dynarec core instead of interpreter?
This, on O3ds 9.9 Ironhax (Ninjhax 2.1)
Dynrec only works on o3DS and N3DS on versions 9.2 and below with ninjhax 1.0. As of now, the module which does kernel hax, libkhax, is broken under ninjhax 2, and as such 9.2 and below units with this version of ninjhax will fail to gain kernel access and fail to launch. Hence the current 3dsx which forces interpreter mode for now. So dynrec will not be a thing on 9.3-9.9 unless new arm11 kernel exploits are found.

I actually tried getting dynrec working for 9.2 and below peeps on CFW, assuming the CFW disabled SVC checks. However I'm being plagued with icache issues the same as libkhax, even if I force a complete icache clear. It's strange.

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Dynrec only works on o3DS and N3DS on versions 9.2 and below with ninjhax 1.0. As of now, the module which does kernel hax, libkhax, is broken under ninjhax 2, and as such 9.2 and below units with this version of ninjhax will fail to gain kernel access and fail to launch. Hence the current 3dsx which forces interpreter mode for now. So dynrec will not be a thing on 9.3-9.9 unless new arm11 kernel exploits are found.

I actually tried getting dynrec working for 9.2 and below peeps on CFW, assuming the CFW disabled SVC checks. However I'm being plagued with icache issues the same as libkhax, even if I force a complete icache clear. It's strange.

...soooo... dynarec on ninjhax 2.1 wont happen until smea updates to make RAM pages executable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There was an 80X drive at one point lol