Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First of all I want to give you thanks for all your work in the scene. I don't want to be a naggy one, but can you compile a CIA version please?. (I have cubic ninja, but my sysnand is in 4.2 and my emuNAND is in 9.5).
A .cia version wouldn't be very good because dynamic recompilation isn't supported with .cia yet, only with Cubic Ninja. In other words, a .cia version would be slow.

This should probaly be mentioned in the first post as lots of people (understandably) ask for a .cia build.

Reactions: piratesephiroth

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all I want to give you thanks for all your work in the scene. I don't want to be a naggy one, but can you compile a CIA version please?. (I have cubic ninja, but my sysnand is in 4.2 and my emuNAND is in 9.5).

I'm eager for .cia too, he stated just above though (and elsewhere) that's it's being worked on, but it's a bit tricky.

This is a great emu though, even through ninjhax/cubic pain in the ass sd card swapping it's still great. Mind you I've only been using GBA homebrews on it.
GBA on 3DS, brilliant :)

ooo, so thankyou shinyquagsire23

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it a version you compiled yourself?

Edit : Tried the original version on my N3DS. Was crashing but finally found that too much roms in the root directory was the problem (or maybe using the gba directory, or maybe both).

Now, it show the emulator screen but it seems pretty long to run "demo.gba". After a long time (more than one minute), I see the video for like 2s then the N3DS crash and got back to the home screen and say my N3DS will reboot.

I checked the md5 of my bios and it's the good one. Ninjhax is the last version available.

I didn't tried the emulator on old 3DS though, maybe it's just not compatible with the N3DS?

Edit 2 : Okay, I read your last messages and found that "OK, got my PAL copy of Cubic ninja, did a few small fixes to get it working on my N3DS." which imply the actual released version doesn't work with N3DS. If that's the case, can you upload your new version, please?

Edit 3 : The version of this message https://gbatemp.net/threads/citragb-3ds-gba-emulator-wip.376438/page-13#post-5353529 works on the N3DS so yeah, it's seems to be a build compiled with the last source version.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I put that in another message, as I already edited the previous message several times.

I tested several games and though most of them were running pretty slow (I would say 5-10 fps at most), most of them worked fine so seems compatibility is pretty good (of course, I didn't played far in each game as it would have take several hours with the actual framerate) :

- Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (Europe)
- Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (Europe)
- Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance (Europe)
- Dr. Mario and Panel de Pon (Japan)
- Mario Kart - Super Circuit (Europe)
- Metroid Zero Mission (Europe)
- Metroid Fusion (Europe)
- Mother I+II (English Fan Translation)
- Phantasy Star Collection (Europe)
- Pokemon - Version Rouge Feu (France)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Europe)
- Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (USA/Europe)
- The Legend of Zelda - A Link's to the Past & Four Swords (Europe)
- The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap (Europe)
- Ultimate Muscle - The Kinnikuman Legacy - The Path of the Superhero (USA) => First, I though it was crashing on the title/menu screen because I couldn't do anything else, not even exit with the "X" button but it just seem the game was uber slow (probably like 1fps) because after a while, it properly exited.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! - Worldwide Edition - Stairway to the Destined Duel (Europe)

Note : Game with the best framerate in this list is "Mother I+II" ("Mother I" to be more precise), which would be "playable".

List of games which doesn't work :

- Mother III (English Fan Translation) => Didn't tried the Japanese one but I assume it would be the same. The game seemed to never load and made the rom loader crashs, which required a hard reboot of the N3DS.
- Pokemon - Version Emeraude (France) => Only display a white screen but doesn't make the emulator crash as I could still exit it properly with the "X" button.
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo - Revival (Europe) => Game display the first credits screen then seem to be stucked forever at this screen and to make the rom loader crash, as the emulator can't be exited properly and required a hard reboot of the N3DS.

I think it would be nice to have a way to stop the game without having to quit the emulator, would be faster to test games. It would also be nice to have a fps counter, to see precisely the speed of each game. I first though the 0/-1(60) line was a FPS counter but it's seems not, as it display 60 for near all games, even when those games doesn't run at fullspeed.

Except full speed and sound (except if it was now implemented, as I didn't test with a old 3DS), a scaling feature would also be nice because the screen could be a bit bigger (not full screen, of course) without impacting the aspect ratio.

Note : Those tests were done with this version on a N3DS : http://gbatemp.net/threads/citragb-3ds-gba-emulator-wip.376438/page-13#post-5353529 (as the official one doesn't work correctly on N3DS)

I know you said to mainly focus on USA games and didn't test the USA versions of the non-working games but I can, if you want (but I assume it'll be the same).

Edit : Still updating the list, posted accidently the message before I had finished writting it.
Edit 2 : List is complete.

antofi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I have a problem on my new3ds. When I want to run a game, it always shows me "failed to load gamepak". I followed the steps in the start post and have the newest .3dsx. Does anyone what I have done wrong? Help is much apprechiated :).

Edit: Well as it seems it is the folder problem that caused this problem. Although im now stuck on white screen :(.

Edit2: Is there a reason why US version of Fire red works but german gives white screen? Sorry for the noob questions.:D

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You could track down a copy of Cubic Ninja so you can use .3dsx files, but it might not be worth it just for one application.

Hyperman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions and i'm only asking them for research purposes
1.can you put the 3ds in sleep mode
while using this
2.does this have save states

sorry if these questions were asked i searched the entire thread and couldn't find them

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...which can be replaced given SVC 0x7B access. Which I really need to add one of these days, I think I tried at one point but it failed because it didn't actually unlock all the SVCs.

I was telling him what I knew. I was unsure if you had figured out a way that would allow you to without any KARL stuff.

zS5rRxa.gif

Reactions: Psi-hate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P