Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so normally it will boot, but maybe nothing more. dammit.
I always take the normal builds, maybe I should compile citra myself ^^.
But thanks for the info.
Its regression from like may. No builds you can compile will work, maybe if you comment out this
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/734
As noted in this issue that caused the problem
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/775
Although don't expect much anyways as it only is the menu and will still crash until it gets fixed.

☠Emulator Team☠

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Build filtering v3 [Leo121]
5b212c2c.jpg

Reactions: Joel16

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really think netplay will really be a thing with citra. considering that 3ds is a handheld system, multiplayer is done with multiple systems so wifi(local or online) would need to be emulated. You need 2 systems communicating with each other, not 2 players controlling a single system.

tywald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really think netplay will really be a thing with citra. considering that 3ds is a handheld system, multiplayer is done with multiple systems so wifi(local or online) would need to be emulated. You need 2 systems communicating with each other, not 2 players controlling a single system.

Well PPSSPP emulated ad-hoc and it's working over there so I hope local multiplayer(at least) will be emulated in the future for Citra. I would really like to play MH4U, MHGen in HD with others if it will be possible one day :)

Last edited by tywald,

Ironclad17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Subv will rewrite CRO but currently has no interest in doing so.
Merry has open PRs which will implement (= finish, to some degree) audio (use google and the github search.. how lazy are some of you? )
I also have some geometry shader features as PRs but it will still take some weeks because review is slower than expected.

Also have some common sense..
Of course 1080p, 60Hz and network play will be possible someday. However, don't expect it anytime soon.
Why would you think that we just stop at some point?

And before anybody complains about the development speed: Citra is a community effort. I can't say that often enough.
If you can code or you are able to do anything you should try to help. However, that is going to waste if you are only going to complain and ask here.
Instead try to get in touch with the core developers on IRC or their forums and try to coordinate your work.
- There are so many bug and regression reports in this thread which could have prevented merge disasters or helped fix bugs that it was reason enough for me to register; just so I can get back in touch (which I wouldn't have to do if you used the official channels for good bug reports).

Actually, you guys work fast. You've got some dedicated coders, and this has to be one of the faster development cycles I've seen. I remember it was years before pcsx2 ran retail games this stable.

Last edited by Ironclad17,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. How about the ones that use online for DS Emulator?
Ik that Nintendo cut off the WiFi connection of DS and Wii few years ago, but at least a little try.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Had anyone try Citra HD FULL SCREEN Edition <snip> 16/05/2016 from <snip> for pokemon ORAS ?Is it same as the unofficial build v3 ?

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: No naming -rp

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Had anyone try Citra HD FULL SCREEN Edition <snip> 16/05/2016 from <snip> for pokemon ORAS ?Is it same as the unofficial build v3 ?
It's definitely Leo121's build but renaming it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW. I got myself a Shiny Xerneas on Pokemon Alpha Sapphire on my 2DS! God! It's good to be alive getting these rare legendaries that you won't just soft reset your 3DS just to get a Shiny Legendary.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It's definitely Leo121's build but renaming it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW. I got myself a Shiny Xerneas on Pokemon Alpha Sapphire on my 2DS! God! It's good to be alive getting these rare legendaries that you won't just soft reset your 3DS just to get a Shiny Legendary.

You got Shiny Xerneas through mystery gift or nintendo event right?It means to say in previously, soft reset your 3DS is the only way to get a Shiny Legendary?
How about the soft reset's video that you show us last time,is it relate to shiny pokemon?I think except soft reset we still can use save file( with shiny pokemon ) on citra for those who don't own that consoles right?

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got Shiny Xerneas through mystery gift or nintendo event right?It means to say in previously, soft reset your 3DS is the only way to get a Shiny Legendary?
How about the soft reset's video that you show us last time,is it relate to shiny pokemon?I think except soft reset we still can use save file( with shiny pokemon ) on citra for those who don't own that consoles right?
Download the wondercard database from here, and inject them into any save using this.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I got Shiny Xerneas via Mystery Gift. It was fun though except it's not fun to obtain Code Events like Mew or Darkrai because The Philippines doesn't have Gamestop or any shop that sells Pokemon event code.

Doing L+R+Start (or Soft Reset) will have the chance to get a shiny. A lot of people doing that since Gen 4(Diamond, Pearl, Platinum). It's also easier to get a shiny by doing the Masuda Method.

But since Soft Reset makes Citra to crash, it's actually impossible to do that until Citra is 100% stable.
As @KazoWAR stated,
Download the wondercard database from here, and inject them into any save using this.

Personally, I prefer Powersaves AR.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got it working with nvs optimus gpu? it keeps defaulting to my intel3000 instead, tried right clicking citra-qt.exe and running with High-performance NVIDIA processor as well as adding both citra-qt.exe and citra.exe to the nvidia control panel 3d settings profile, do I need to disablle optimus in bios to force the nvidia gpu with the intel one turned off?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's working for me in Project Mirai and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
I don't mean touch-pressing, as in pressing does something. I mean touch-releasing, as in releasing does something. Touch-dragging doesn't work either.

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't mean touch-pressing, as in pressing does something. I mean touch-releasing, as in releasing does something. Touch-dragging doesn't work either.
That's what I've said. In these games there are some notes that are only perfect if you release at the right time, so it's woking. With low framerates the system will fail sometimes because there is a delay in the commands (the lower the framerate, more delay till it responds). Also, dragging it's ok for me even on very low framerates

Last edited by LG_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...