Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

MaxFluteHD

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey I have another question to citra.

I've downloaded a citra with fragment lightning to play Pokémon OR. And there is another Citra named 'Citra-qt Smland.exe' what is this?

Greetings

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Unrelated?
MerryMage didn't create the Shader JIT. So it's unrelated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey I have another question to citra.

I've downloaded a citra with fragment lightning to play Pokémon OR. And there is another Citra named 'Citra-qt Smland.exe' what is this?

Greetings
That one is for the obvious(Super Mario 3D Land). But you need the game to play it

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unrelated?
JIT is Just In time compilation, doesn't really have to do with shading but is what they run off of. Chances of fixing the crashes is unlikely, could be numerous reasons why it crashes anyways. Fixing these types of bugs take time, I really wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon. Majoras Mask booted but took an entire year till it booted in game, could be the same for pokemon.

mateja99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JIT is Just In time compilation, doesn't really have to do with shading but is what they run off of. Chances of fixing the crashes is unlikely, could be numerous reasons why it crashes anyways. Fixing these types of bugs take time, I really wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon. Majoras Mask booted but took an entire year till it booted in game, could be the same for pokemon.
So if i want to play Pokemon and Mario Kart i will probably have to wait more than one year?If yes, does anyone have a 3DS or 2DS that they are selling?

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i want to play Pokemon and Mario Kart i will probably have to wait more than one year?If yes, does anyone have a 3DS or 2DS that they are selling?
Yes going for pretty much every game since they need to recode the emulator with a recompiler. A 2DS refurbished can be around $60 too so I'd recommend one.Important note do not update the console after you buy it, disable wifi if you need to then hack your 3ds with browser hax, downgrade to 9.2, then use emunand where you can install .cias and rom hacks and stuff.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Yes going for pretty much every game since they need to recode the emulator with a recompiler. A 2DS refurbished can be around $60 too so I'd recommend one.Important note do not update the console after you buy it, disable wifi if you need to then hack your 3ds with browser hax, downgrade to 9.2, then use emunand where you can install .cias and rom hacks and stuff.
a recompiler is not necessary for compatibility, and there is no need to recode the emulator just to add a jit,as different project files for jit specific stuff, and core cpu stuff in the dyncom. compatibility heavily depends on how many services, and instructions are implemented.a jit recompiler will only increase performance and brings chances of better optimizations in ram and cpu emulation.you can pretty much play mario kart and other games(like rune factory) almost completely, although at 10fps to 21 fps.

Last edited by emmauss,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm? I thought it works on firmware 10.4. Oh well.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Last edited by emmauss,

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
intro

crashed just after intro, before you gain control

Attachments

• Screenshot (37).png
    Screenshot (37).png
    51.2 KB · Views: 560
Last edited by emmauss,

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
create a new folder and copy only the files in the release files. and try.

use this if it persists.it has the save_fix from subv.

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/kv5js3u65qbjjsk6/artifacts/release.7z

it wont solve the corrupted saves. so create a new folder and extract it.
also copy your config savegame and your shared_font.bin

mailwl closed his rebased cro, but i have the sources.all my build sources can be found here, in their respective branches
https://github.com/emmauss/citra

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

got black screen after intro in pokemon x

included the .cro files, and got through intro to controlling my character in sapphire.still crashes where the old cro crashes at

Last edited by emmauss,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...