Hacking cioscorp vs preloader vs bootmii vs starfall

alfaalex101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea...I'm completely lost here guys. I think people just want to know which one allows more customizations/freedom/backup playing.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well Bootmii can go with any of them and doesn't have any customization to it, its basically something you should have if you can have it.

Then there's Preloader and Starfall/Startpatch. Preloader can have TONS of hacks if you know how to make them, however it can cause issues with somethings. Startpatch is more secure, but only has a few options.

Then CIOScorp allows backup loading through the disc channel. Thats about it.

If you're looking for themes, there an App in the Softmii package which installs those, and has nothing to do with this thread.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
solcott said:
AXYPB said:
I thought cIOSCORP and BootMii don't get along?
I've heard this to, but I've installed BootMii(boot2) on quite a few Wii's that run cIOSCORP.

Yup, I have CIOScorp and Bootmii boot 2 at the same time too, however I have been thinking of doing a clean install because CIOScorp is basically useless nowadays.

solcott

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Golfman560 said:
solcott said:
AXYPB said:
I've heard this to, but I've installed BootMii(boot2) on quite a few Wii's that run cIOSCORP.

Yup, I have CIOScorp and Bootmii boot 2 at the same time too, however I have been thinking of doing a clean install because CIOScorp is basically useless nowadays.
Maybe for most people it is, but just about the only games I play on my Wii are Sam & Max and the Rock Band games (with USB instruments) so I don't have much incentive to get a USB harddrive :-)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pretty crappy question...

cIOSCORP is nothing like starfall, bootmii nor preloader.

cIOSCORP allows backup games to be played through the disc channel whilst the other 3 are all forms of brick protection.

and besides that, starfall is an outdated application nowadays when compared to preloader which you can use to turn on and off hacks. TBH i never even used starfall when it was released.

i'd say that the combination of preloader and bootmii was best. double the protection.

AXYPB said:
so long as you install IOS36 original before you install bootmii it'll go fine.

since team twiizers doesnt suppport piracy, they wont use a custom IOS36 to install bootmii.

once you've installed it you can just re-install the cIOS36 again and it'll work as normal
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou