Hacking cIOSCORP v3.5 Release!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the way... Medieval Games works just fine. The tester(s) must have had a bad burn or dump or something. I used a dump from ProCiSiON
US version on a US Wii.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
by the way... Medieval Games works just fine. The tester(s) must have had a bad burn or dump or something. I used a dump from ProCiSiON
US version on a US Wii.

oh man, I knew I shouldnt have given my wii away!!! dont believe the things you read! lol.

kurosaki00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait
with this I dont have to do the trucha thing and the 4.2 guide?
I just run the installer in the homebrew channel and thats it?

Whats85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
See no problems because files are about 60 mb. But reading the readme it says:

What is needed (other than this package):
- A Nintendo Wii (to modify)
- A non-SDHC Card with heaps of free space (preferably a blank 1GB
or 2GB card)
- Ability to run Wii homebrew (e.g. Homebrew Channel installed)
- waninkoko's cIOS249 installed, to run the installer

Have no reason to install 3.5 now since all my games are working. I'll give it a try when necessary.

greg1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will this work with me still being on Sysmenu 3.2? sorry for the n00b question
rolleyes.gif
blink.gif
wacko.gif

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it necessary to do a complete install if there are only a few particular games I want to be able to run from the disc channel? Is a partial install even possible?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
Is it necessary to do a complete install if there are only a few particular games I want to be able to run from the disc channel? Is a partial install even possible?
most definitely possible.

all cioscorp is a modified IOS's
you can install individual IOS's with WAD manager, just get them out of the cioscorp folder.

find what IOS is used by the game you want to play and what IOS your running System menu is running on.
for example, super smash bros brawl runs off IOS36.
if im on 4.2, i would just install the cIOS70 that comes with cioscorp so the system menu can read the backup, then install the cIOS36 that comes so the games can function.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks xzxero. I hadn't grabbed the package before asking, but now that I've got it, I see what you mean. I'm thinking of finally trying out some of the DLC for the 'guitar games'. I know the readme talks about RawkSD but do you know if this will allow me to use any of the DLC stuff, which also requires the game to be loaded from the disc channel, or is that fall into the same category as RawkSD? I'm still on 3.3U (v2 I believe but I'm not positive - how do I determine that?).

gr3ger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a softmodded wii with 4.2 fw on a PAL console, I've ofc installed bootmii, used trucha bug restorer and installed HBC.
I have cIOS38 rev14 installed.

If I've understood everything correctly, the only thing I have to do is to install this package?
Or do I have to remove anything or take any special precautions before attempting to install this?

I just want to be on the safe side since I bought my wii a week ago and bootmii refused to install on boot2.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
gr3ger said:
I have a softmodded wii with 4.2 fw on a PAL console, I've ofc installed bootmii, used trucha bug restorer and installed HBC.
I have cIOS38 rev14 installed.

If I've understood everything correctly, the only thing I have to do is to install this package?
Or do I have to remove anything or take any special precautions before attempting to install this?

I just want to be on the safe side since I bought my wii a week ago and bootmii refused to install on boot2.

First of all if you can't have Bootmii as Boot 2 at least put it as an IOS, with that also install Preloader. However the readme at the start says you must install CIOSCORP before installing 4.2x as a wad file, so I'm not particularly sure if you can install CIOSCORP, with a 4.2x Firmware...

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jackdanielchan said:
First of all if you can't have Bootmii as Boot 2 at least put it as an IOS, with that also install Preloader. However the readme at the start says you must install CIOSCORP before installing 4.2x as a wad file, so I'm not particularly sure if you can install CIOSCORP, with a 4.2x Firmware...
you can install it on 4.2
it justs says to install it before on region changed korean wii's to prevent to #003 error

greg1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Darkmystery said:
greg1991 said:
will this work with me still being on Sysmenu 3.2? sorry for the n00b question
rolleyes.gif
blink.gif
wacko.gif

Yes, it will. Since there are no stub IOS's used.

hey thx! you will probs hate me but just for future reference (cue the n00b question) what do you mean with stub IOS's not being used?
unsure.gif

dabomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have yet to upgrade to 4.2, should I upgrade first then install cIOSCORP 3.5, or will installing cIOSCORP 3.5 essentially upgrade me to 4.2? Thanks in advance

gr3ger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
jackdanielchan said:
you can install it on 4.2
it justs says to install it before on region changed korean wii's to prevent to #003 error

Oh, right, I have installed bootmii as IOS, forgot to mention that.
And you beat me to it xzxero, I interpreted the readme as the 4.2x wad install only necessary on region changed wiis aswell.
I just wanted confirmation on my assumptions ^^

I'll install preloader, make a nand dump and give it a go later on then
smile.gif

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y