Hacking CIOSCORP killed GameCube mode

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't run even my purchased GC games. Anyone else having trouble with this? If worst comes to be I'll have to do the 3.4 update to have the IOS back to normal. I didn't backup my IOS, not a big deal.

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wind Waker wouldn't load.
Melee had no video but sound.

I'm on the fence about updating to 3.4

Can anyone else with CIOSCORP try to run an actual GC game? If so, are you running component cables?

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When booting a gc game the wii reboots in gc mode. In this mode none of the installed ios' are used. Like marcan called in on 25c3: The wii runs in sandbox mode (meanign the wii runs, but no calls are made to ios', thus it's a contained system at that moment)
Just the mIOS as said before.
So the gc mode is not affected in any way by the altered ios'.
Maybe you also have preloader installed with some faulty gc hacks.

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FRanatic said:
When booting a gc game the wii reboots in gc mode. In this mode none of the installed ios' are used. Like marcan called in on 25c3: The wii runs in sandbox mode (meanign the wii runs, but no calls are made to ios', thus it's a contained system at that moment)
Just the mIOS as said before.
So the gc mode is not affected in any way by the altered ios'.
Maybe you also have preloader installed with some faulty gc hacks.

Looked into, I had something about GC games mode installed in Starfall. It works now.

Sorry 'bout that everyone, I don't even know why that was installed to begin with (the GC mode patch in starfall), but it's fixed now. CIOSCORP isn't the culprit.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And to revert your ios files, just use wufe. Why use a method which will stop working in the future with a new update by nintendo?

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
find an MIOSv4 (earlier than v5, but better compatibility plus old GCN Action Replays work) and that will fix all your issues. Since starfall patches and the like that can actually ruin your GC mode use MIOSv5 you can install v4 over with no side affects.

you can get it by using Wii Update File Extractor (WUFE) on Pokemon Battle Revolution or Metroid Prime 3, and Yes you can get it from ISO's too (WUFE will not work with backups)

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
not a very good idea. i think you'll get spanked by a mod
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat