Hacking CIOS rev7 VS rev13

teegale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the disadvantages of using rev7 over rev13? I can't stand the freeze between games and would really like to know if there any real disadvantages of going back to rev7 (while still being able to play 002b games)?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Playing games from USB requires rev9 or higher. Rev10 seems to be the last fully stable one (as long as you're not planning on using other USB devices)

teegale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically if I want to play Ghostbusters I have no other CIOS options other than 13a? I really hate it because of the freeze..

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Its not that bad, Quit game back to menu then power down and power back up! You dont even need to get up to do it!
biggrin.gif

teegale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rustybanana said:
Its not that bad, Quit game back to menu then power down and power back up! You dont even need to get up to do it!
biggrin.gif

Yeah except I have a Seagate HDD that needs replugged each and every time I restart the wii or gx loader won't recongize it :*(

strangephish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue where rev 12-13b slow down the finding of the USB drive to the point that they are not usable. Really wanted to play Ghostbusters and Indy

D

Deleted User

teegale said:
So basically if I want to play Ghostbusters I have no other CIOS options other than 13a? I really hate it because of the freeze..
yea and of course the eject fix lol haha

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teegale said:
rustybanana said:
biggrin.gif

Yeah except I have a Seagate HDD that needs replugged each and every time I restart the wii or gx loader won't recongize it :*(

Have you tried a different cable?

D

Deleted User

strangephish said:
I have an issue where rev 12-13b slow down the finding of the USB drive to the point that they are not usable. Really wanted to play Ghostbusters and Indy
sorry to double post but umm to fix this on ghost buster which i have you need rev13a, i have neogamma r4 rc4 i dont think the settings even matter, just use what ever you want i used default and my own setings that included 480p, you luanch the game and as soon as you see the wii remote screen really QUICK PRESS EJECT like no hesitation and when it asks for the disc just pop it back in and it should go straight to the game so good luck.

D

Deleted User

strangephish said:
sorry to double post but umm to fix this on ghost buster which i have you need rev13a, i have neogamma r4 rc4 i dont think the settings even matter, just use what ever you want i used default and my own setings that included 480p, you luanch the game and as soon as you see the wii remote screen really QUICK PRESS EJECT like no hesitation and when it asks for the disc just pop it back in and it should go straight to the game so good luck.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You could try to load the main.dol of the game with the alternate .dol loading feature in NeoGamma or usb loader GX while using the rev9 or 10 cIOS. This could work, but nobody has tested it yet. If you get to the heath screen with this, it means it works, even if it freezes there.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
WitoRIT92 said:
strangephish said:
Actually I think you will find that it has been reported working on rev 7 using the eject trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative