Trophies
XP
Country
Det1re said:
da_letter_a said:
Bladexdsl said:
what the hell rev18 already? but there was nothing wrong with 17
tongue.gif
Rev17 has a minor DL issue. It didn't seem to affect gaming, but it produced bad dumps for DL games.

"Bad dumps" sounds so harsh. Let's call them incomplete dumps.
smile.gif

exactly, they still function but cause some issues if its important data

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Great wanin
wink.gif

A "bad dump" is a dump that is not 1:1

It's not a slightly wrong dump, a bitty off dump or an ok but not perfect dump. You call it a bad dump.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slimmmmmm said:
A "bad dump" is a dump that is not 1:1

It's not a slightly wrong dump, a bitty off dump or an ok but not perfect dump. You call it a bad dump.
For those people that are not so nit-picking a bad dump is a rip, that doesn't work, randomly crashes or fails at some point.
Since rev17-dumped DL games didn't fail for me they are only incomplete (http://github.com/waninkoko/dip-plugin/commit/77ece7a3c8ae7336d595afcab0281a94d4257c21).

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But they are bad. They're complete (they're the corrrect size), but the last part of them becomes corrupted, and that is bad.

Therefore they are bad dumps.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, you're right. I fixed it on my Wii.

But only the source for the plugins are released, but not the installer, so people who don't know who to fix the DIP themselves will have to wait till wanin releases rev18, since nobody else can compile it except wanin.

Moorclos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Perhaps benefits of the hermes cios add to the waninko cios all in one, and support for dvd-dl
support for all games so...

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
da_letter_a said:

But only the source for the plugins are released, but not the installer, so people who don't know who to fix the DIP themselves will have to wait till wanin releases rev18, since nobody else can compile it except wanin.
its just the installer that is missing ... , you could replace the dip module in the right .app file with an hex editor and it should work, if its the same size, wich it isn't so i doubt it would still work

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
da_letter_a said:

its just the installer that is missing ... , you could replace the dip module in the right .app file with an hex editor and it should work, if its the same size, wich it isn't so i doubt it would still work

Couldn't you use your FSToolbox as well?

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
crossing my fingers for sdhc ingame support (GH dlc on a bigger sd card..no more card switching)

also somekind of communication between cios and loaders would be fine, so maybe on the fly patching of the needed game ios by the loading cios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone