Hacking cIOS rev14 bug list

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bugs:
- wifi is still not working is some games, which games, which loader, how to 100% reproduce the problem...
Blue-K:
Tested: NTSC
Tested with: USB(USB Loader GX, WiiFlow, NeoGamma) - Always the same.
Reproduce: Just go into the Multiplayer-Menu/Connect to WFC and browse around.
Problem: Music stutters, repeats again and again, Background freezes for a short time, long loading times for the next menu, sometimes full freeze of the game.
Notes: Works fine with the Cios(es) from Hermes from GX.

- "an error occured" in the middle of the intro video of ssbb
happens from disc started with NeoGamma and from usb too
(i have the game myself, i can report more details to Waninkoko, but more confirmations or people without the issue would be nice)
Enough confirmations now, thank you all

- Mario Kart Wii HDD spindown issue
reported by icpmattj, is able to reproduce it with Usb Loader Gx, NeoGamma and configurable usb loader, tried cIOSrev12+13 too, same issue

- 002 error(is not a bug! just get a good loader)

- sdhc support broken?

Wishlist:
- IOS Reload block
- IOS37 as base for Rock Band instruments

An usb loading related problem with the cIOS is only a problem if it occurs with LATEST configurable usb loader, NeoGamma AND usb loader gx.

Get latest configurable usb loader:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

Get NeoGamma R7:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884

Get latest usb loader gx:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The Conduit - Multiplayer menu crashes/is slow. Works like it should with Hermes cIOS. Still, would be nice if that could get fixed somehow
smile.gif

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Bugs:
- Some people have touble to get their HDDs detected
(in the current state Waninkoko can't do nothing about this)
DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS!

- wifi is still not working is some games, which games, which loader, how to 100% reproduce the problem...
(in the current state Waninkoko can't do nothing about this)
"The Conduit - Multiplayer menu crashes/is slow. "

- 002 error(is not a bug! just get a good loader)

Wishlist:
- IOS Reload block
- IOS37 as base for Rock Band instruments

An usb loading related problem with the cIOS is only a problem if it occurs with LATEST configurable usb loader, NeoGamma AND usb loader gx.

Get latest configurable usb loader:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

Get NeoGamma R7:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884

Get latest usb loader gx:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922

does beardface's coverfloader not count as i only use that and have had no problems at all with it, all games working.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It would count in case of problems, if you would test 2 of the other loaders too. Only testing one loader doesn't tell anything about the cIOS.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
It would count in case of problems, if you would test 2 of the other loaders too. Only testing one loader doesn't tell anything about the cIOS.

ok i will test cfg usb loader and neogamma tonight and post my findings.

ps yey my status has changed... now i am a GBAtemp regular! woop! woop!

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wii 3.2e
cios38 rev 14
super smash bros tested with usbloader gx
played trough the game with kirby on easy.
after the credits when you get your trophy, i get an green screen with:
"an error had ocurred. press the eject button, remove the game disc, and turn the power off, read the wii operation manual for more informations"
i played several times trough ssbb and never got that error. just happend after updating to rev 14.
possible bug found?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you able to watch the full intro? I'm not, i get "an error occured" in the middle of the video, tested from DVD9 disc and usb.

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i am also playing the dvd9.
the intro plays fine for me. just watched it. (normally i skip it)
while i was posting, i let the "how to play" run after the intro... and got the green screen again after some time... meh
if you need more information, just tell me i can test or provide it.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
i get an error on ssbb intro video if i leave it for ages but not if i skip it and just play, is it me or does ssbb take longer to enter menus and to start?, also this happens to my rogue squadron 3 gamecube backup if i leave it on the title screen, goes into a game preview thingy then remove disc warning happens.. didnt do that before.
f-zero randomly stalls mid race, makes a hell of a noise, proper freeze up, still screen, loud buzz, no buttons work, 5 second power off only, 3 times in a row on different races now, going back to rev10 for now guys i only just set up my gamecube backuploader and really need it. soz.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't we get people with these games to be Bug Testers? As not everyone has it anyway, im sure i could get the Conduit in about a week and test it and see if i could replicate that bug as i found one in configurable usb loader.

-----EDIT-----
Im not sure what error your talking about on ssbb, Also i can check the f-zero glitch brb

-----EDIT----- I can reporduce the SSBB Bug, but as it is so minor its not worth fixing, im testing other loaders now
Its easy to reportduce just watch the intro video of ssbb, I personaly think it tries to ISO Reload, Easily fixed by pressing Any button not to watch the video. Will be checking them on Other loads the neogamma one i cannot check as i dont have any DVD's with that much space.

----EDIT-----

About the SSBB menu being slow i didn't find that atall, I have Hermes ios's installed both. & rev 14

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sorry, if I haven't said this clear enough...here are my findings/confirmations:
QUOTE said:
The Conduit - Multiplayer menu crashes/is slow.

Problem: Music stutters, repeats again and again, Background freezes for a short time, long loading times for the next menu, sometimes full freeze of the game.

QUOTESmash Bros. Brawl - An Error Occured

Tested: PAL DVD9
Tested with: USB(USB Loader GX, NeoGamma) - Always the same.
Reproduce: Just let the Intro play.
Problem: An Error occured, please put out the disc, etc...works fine if you skip it.
Notes:Was able to play two matches without any problems if you skip it
That's all I can give, I don't have any USB Gecko...sorry for the circumstances...

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4.1U
Cios Rev14

Mario Kart Wii- Freezes-Issue with hard drive spindown.

Playing game from usb hard drive.

Usb Loader Gx - Freezes at a certain lap everytime.

Neogamma r7 - Freeze at a certain lap everytime.

Configurable - Freezes at a certain lap everytime.

I've talked to waninkoko a few times in the cios chat about this he told me spindown was fixed with rev13.Ive tested rev12 - rev14 now and all result in the same thing.Rev13 seemed to work the best i could go longer without it freezing but it still occured.

When i tested it last night only with usb loader gx right after installed Rev14.It worked great got the furthest it ever has.Tried it again this morning with all three loaders and all three loaders frooze at the exact same spot.

Im not even sure if this is fixable or not.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will bug test as many games as I have... if your having a problem with a game on 14, I'll test it, and get back with details...

*runs to install 14, and test the 100+ games I have*

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ive also just tested ssbb from usb using rev14 and usbloader gx halfway thru intro the error comes up

I also just tested Conduit, Ntsc on a Pal wii ciosrev14 on usbloader_GX(655) with 002 error fix on , loaded up multiplayer and managaed to join a free for all game just fine no menu lagging no stuttering

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
USBLoader_GX (just updated)...

Can't get The Conduit to work. With 002 Fix (On and Anti) it just black screens... nothing... WiiMote desyncs, then syncs, and it sits there... with 002 Fix off, it give me Error #002 blue screen.

Ghostbusters works PERFECTLY with 002 Fix on.

Everything else runs the same, perfectly.

Configurable USB Loader does the same thing... Conduit doesn't work at all, while EVERY other game works flawlessly... I think it even loads a tad faster!!!

USB peripherals work. Tested with Logitech Mic (Rockband2, American Idol 1&2, GH:WT, Boogie)

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
USBLoader_GX (just updated)...

Can't get The Conduit to work. With 002 Fix (On and Anti) it just black screens... nothing... WiiMote desyncs, then syncs, and it sits there... with 002 Fix off, it give me Error #002 blue screen.

Ghostbusters works PERFECTLY with 002 Fix on.

Everything else runs the same, perfectly.

Currently download artwork for Configurable USB Loader, and going to try that for The Conduit.

have u tryied different revs of usbloaderGX? as i was just playing it a second ago with rev 655and ciosrev14 with 002 fix enabled and everything ran

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still no luck... no matter what loader I use, The Conduit won't play... I'm gonna try to redownload the title and try agian, because it's not even running from my disc!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I updated the 1st post, if anybody is missing his report, please tell.

Blue-K said:
Sorry, if I haven't said this clear enough...here are my findings/confirmations:
QUOTE said:
The Conduit - Multiplayer menu crashes/is slow.

QUOTE said:
Smash Bros. Brawl - An Error Occured

Tested: PAL DVD9
Tested with: USB(USB Loader GX, NeoGamma) - Always the same.
Reproduce: Just let the Intro play.
Problem: An Error occured, please put out the disc, etc...works fine if you skip it.
Notes:Was able to play two matches without any problems if you skip it
That's all I can give, I don't have any USB Gecko...sorry for the circumstances...

Thank you.

icpmattj said:
4.1U
Cios Rev14

Mario Kart Wii- Freezes-Issue with hard drive spindown.

Playing game from usb hard drive.

Usb Loader Gx - Freezes at a certain lap everytime.

Neogamma r7 - Freeze at a certain lap everytime.

Configurable - Freezes at a certain lap everytime.

I've talked to waninkoko a few times in the cios chat about this he told me spindown was fixed with rev13.Ive tested rev12 - rev14 now and all result in the same thing.Rev13 seemed to work the best i could go longer without it freezing but it still occured.

When i tested it last night only with usb loader gx right after installed Rev14.It worked great got the furthest it ever has.Tried it again this morning with all three loaders and all three loaders frooze at the exact same spot.

Im not even sure if this is fixable or not.

Thank you.

QUOTE(zidane_genome @ Jul 27 2009, 06:26 PM)
Still no luck... no matter what loader I use, The Conduit won't play... I'm gonna try to redownload the title and try agian, because it's not even running from my disc!

If it didn't work with cIOSrev13 + different loaders, it's certainly your image/disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...