Hacking Cios rev 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsan04

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Latest version: Custom IOS36 rev10 | Rev12 release: Saturday (no delays this time) | Rev12 status: Working in the last feature

This is what Waninkoko has wrote on the cIOS channel

Apekop

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
we skippin' cios11 then eh
tongue.gif

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Never had any serious bugs using cIOS rev10, exept from MySims Party [PAL] not booting on USB Loader GX r395.
But i still like using the latest softwares so im looking forward to this new release.
smile.gif

batwings21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rev 11 was included with the softmii 2.9.5 or something like that. Its only for people with the "unhackable" wii's

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what i experienced testing Rev12 a couple days ago, spent about 2 hours testing it.

First off, i noticed it took longer for Coverflow RC3 USB Loader to load. Seemed to take about twice as long as what i was used to it taking. First attempt to load a game from usb just froze when I pressed LOAD button. After that the System Menu froze right after loading. Overall random freeze/crashes were very frequent. I probably had to hold in the power button to reset the machine about every 5 or 10 minutes, maybe more often than that.

I spent about an hour trying different combinations of Instruments and configuration of Rock Band 2. The good news is I was able to get USB microphone to be recognized and work about 50% of the time I booted the game. The bad news is the USB guitar and drums were never recognized. The even badder news is the network would not connect in game, which would cause the game to either freeze or simply not allow most of the game modes to work. As soon as I reinstalled Rev10 network resumed working in-game.

I haven't heard from anybody else who tested it but I would expect them to have similar experiences. I would have to say based on my experience from a build a couple days ago that it still has some issues to be ironed out. The stability was bad enough that after testing I immediately reinstalled Rev10.

mrweeeebirdman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo09 said:
Here is what i experienced testing Rev12 a couple days ago, spent about 2 hours testing it.

First off, i noticed it took longer for Coverflow RC3 USB Loader to load. Seemed to take about twice as long as what i was used to it taking. First attempt to load a game from usb just froze when I pressed LOAD button. After that the System Menu froze right after loading. Overall random freeze/crashes were very frequent. I probably had to hold in the power button to reset the machine about every 5 or 10 minutes, maybe more often than that.

I spent about an hour trying different combinations of Instruments and configuration of Rock Band 2. The good news is I was able to get USB microphone to be recognized and work about 50% of the time I booted the game. The bad news is the USB guitar and drums were never recognized. The even badder news is the network would not connect in game, which would cause the game to either freeze or simply not allow most of the game modes to work. As soon as I reinstalled Rev10 network resumed working in-game.

I haven't heard from anybody else who tested it but I would expect them to have similar experiences. I would have to say based on my experience from a build a couple days ago that it still has some issues to be ironed out. The stability was bad enough that after testing I immediately reinstalled Rev10.

That's probably why it was pushed back a week, hopefully its all fixed when it comes out. After reading that tho, ill let other people test it before i run off to install
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: