cios dx2v10 still being developed?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by lafleche, Jul 27, 2016.

1. lafleche
    OP

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    Just curious: is cios dx2v10 still being developed?

The latest commit (beta-v53) is from jan. 2014...... already 2.5 years ago

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Its very compatible so no need for more updates :) so NO: its no longer in development.

Edit: changed sentence to make more sense.

Last edited by KiiWii, Jul 27, 2016
  3. lafleche
    OP

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    not an answer to my question.
    beta says (imo) : not finished, waiting for final commit.
    So what about a v54 with the high compatibilty on nand emulation but with the 2 usb ports+plug-and-play?

[​IMG]

4. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I cant see a new update coming anytime soon, after all its been "2.5 years".

5. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    i dought it awell never had problems with that d2x anyways

KiiWii likes this.
  6. dragon12

dragon12 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2012
    Brazil
    The only good update I can see is to make the Wii U gamecube controller adapter compatible with Wii games.

7. Neouni

Neouni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2004
    Netherlands
    Somehow I expect that to be quite a challenge, I don't expect the adapter to use the same hardware\chip as the orginal Wii with GC ports.
    And with no native support tying it in with the whole system will take some work.

8. Pepois

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Hello everyone,

I would also love to see 2dx cios become compatible with the Wii Speak USB accessory, which is supported by some games. The Wi U (vWii) would definitely benefit from this since there is actually a Hermes cios version compatible with Wii Speak but sadly it only works on Wii and NOT the vWii. It would be great just for the sake of functionality to have 2dxcios support Wii Speak, I am well aware that all the games that support Wii Speak can no longer have access to Nintendo's Wifi services and thus would seem to be such a waste of time and effort... but perhaps using Wiimmfi they could actually work.

Warm regards everyone!
    Pepois

Last edited by Pepois, Jul 28, 2016
  9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Davebaol (the d2x developer) stopped working on it since "it works". I don't know if he is still active nor will have any will to continue working on that project.
    cIOS could benefit from few things (like better usb3.0 drive init, better emuNAND and Ustealth compatibility for alt version, merge main and alt branches back together if alt is stable again), but will require a competent developer.

For now, you can consider v10 and v10-alt as Final and stable, as much stable as v8 final was for Wii.