Hacking cios 38 rev 15

chicken11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
can some 1 please help, currently on 4.1e, using cios 38 rev 14, git cioscorp 3.5 installed tryin to install cios 38 rev 15 to play super mario, when i try and install cios 38 rev 15, i keep getting error (ret -1) what am i doing wrong or is there something missin

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well here is a few things that you should try...read the TXT menus on the installer they do actually say important stuff. then select network install if you dont have the .wad for cIOS 15 but for this your wii must have a internet connection. then this one is VERY important DONT MAKE 4 POSTS ABOUT THE SAME THING.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no its extremely dangerous, we're all telling you to do things that will brick your wii... in fact, waninkoko made the network install option for newbs who don't know any better, just to brick their wii's

its a good thing your so "sharp", otherwise you might've already successfully install the cios

quit being such a chicken, read the instructions, and u'll be fine

hamstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wait,

cios rev 15?

Some googling tells me this is not an official release (at least not from waninkoko)
furthermore, I'm using "official" rev 14, and I'm not experiencing problems of any kind.

So, why update? Anybody know who released it? what's the change log? Maybe it's just the same release (because rev 13 got released with 'a' and 'b').

I have my doubts.....

edit:
I did some more research, and it actually is the real deal... No further problems installing/using it.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hamstarr said:
wait,

cios rev 15?

Some googling tells me this is not an official release (at least not from waninkoko)
furthermore, I'm using "official" rev 14, and I'm not experiencing problems of any kind.

So, why update? Anybody know who released it? what's the change log? Maybe it's just the same release (because rev 13 got released with 'a' and 'b').

I have my doubts.....
its official.

chicken11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it wont let me install with out doin net work install, each time i try wad install i keep getting error(ret-1), is it safe to use net work install, i am on 4.1e

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hamstarr said:
wait,

cios rev 15?

I have my doubts.....

R U Kidding ? Come out from under your rock occasionally and get with the program.

chicken11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have finally installed cios 38 rev 15 using net work install but now my copies give me error 001 unthorised disc using neogamma 7, this cant be right, have re installed cios 38 rev 14 and my copy games work ok, please help

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
afaik rev15 breaks neogamma, and you don't need rev15 for mario. Just use the fix, rev14, and a usbloader like uloader or gx

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
afaik rev15 breaks neogamma, and you don't need rev15 for mario. Just use the fix, rev14, and a usbloader like uloader or gx

You do if you want to load it from disc. Unfortunately wiipower is stubborn (he said it) and does not want to support rev. 15 anyway if you install it you can load it from disc using USB-GX but neogamma will stop working.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
true. But everyone should have a usb stick around somewhere for this one game, til this is resolved, right?
smile.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
true. But everyone should have a usb stick around somewhere for this one game, til this is resolved, right?
smile.gif

Agree. Hopefully wiipower and wani will change their minds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all