Hacking cIOS 236 gives -1017 error

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does cIOS 236 throw out a -1017 error and fail to uninstall (c)IOS wads via MMM? It uninstalls channel wads perfectly fine but I get the -1017 error with cIOS wads unless I use something else (249, 250, etc.) to uninstall.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably no NAND permissions patch or something. Definitely some patch that isn't installed on that IOS that is on the others.

For the record, dop-Mii can uninstall any IOS without any patched IOS at all. It'll always work. Clearly MMM will not.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably no NAND permissions patch or something. Definitely some patch that isn't installed on that IOS that is on the others.

For the record, dop-Mii can uninstall any IOS without any patched IOS at all. It'll always work. Clearly MMM will not.

Hmmm. I thought the IOS 236 Installer made the necessary patches. I guess not all of them.

Edit: I used Simple IOS Patcher and made sure all patches were applied. IOS 36 to slot 236. I'm wondering why MMM uses the patched 236 by default when it doesn't even work properly. I'm not understanding the purpose of IOS 236, when using a different one with MMM DOES work fine.

Example - Use MMM w/IOS 236. Wad Manager section. Uninstall 249d2x56.wad. Fails with the -1017 error. Switching MMM to use 249, 250, etc and it uninstalls perfectly. I understand that dop-Mii will do it... I'm wondering why MMM w/236 will not.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I've been able to uninstall cIOSs and whatnot using IOS236

Try creating a 249d2x base 56 (beta 8 r41) wad with ModMii, installing it with MMM (using 236), then uninstalling it also with MMM (236 again). I've reinstalled everything I can think of that would cause it to not work, re-ran simple ios patcher, re-ran the ios 236 installer, etc... and it only throws out the error. Like I said though, channels/vc/wiiware uninstall fine.

Can't for the life of me understand what's going on.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that - and I don't actually need to uninstall anything. I just want to know WHY it doesn't work with 236. I want to know what the reason is behind it not working to uninstall a cIOS via MMM's wad manager. I don't need to do it, I just want to know why it doesn't work - but it does using a different patched cIOS. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far