Hacking cIOS 222 Ver. 5.0

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you want all your dlc in one go. get a big sd card and use sneek. I got 700+ downloaded songs showing on rb2 (First 3 gens) Nearly filled 16gig sd though.... lol

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically...
I have GH4 GH5 and RB2
I want to run from USB and save DLC to my NAND on my FAT partition, also on USB.
Anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem since I just keep getting Various error-codes when trying to redownload my DLC... :S

I have 222 as 38, 223 as 37 and 224 as 57.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's not a problem but a request.

First of all: the cIOS versions 222, 223 and 224 are made just to run games from a USB drive rather than from the DVD drive. If you have a problem running the game itself, this is the place to mention it (note: it can also be caused by the loader...currently only uLoader itself fully support cios v5).

Second: for redirecting game data from your nand to "the nand of your FAT partition" (aka: emulating your wii's hard drive to your USB drive), this isn't the place to ask...you should check out sneek for that. Alas...at the moment, sneek isn't quite compatible with cIOS'es yet.

Third: I'm not very familiar with the DLC of the guitar games, but I do know that they're encrypted and contain measurements to avoid piracy. So even if you solve the first two points, then getting your DLC to work is going to have issues, as there is more to handle than "just" copy-paste simple savegames. You could check out rawksd, but afaik, that one also has certain issues getting DLC to work (afaik USB loaders aren't supported until the yet to be released version 3.0, and even then, it requires the game running without any cIOS whatsoever).

So all in all, I'd say: it isn't going to happen.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
That's not a problem but a request.

First of all: the cIOS versions 222, 223 and 224 are made just to run games from a USB drive rather than from the DVD drive. If you have a problem running the game itself, this is the place to mention it (note: it can also be caused by the loader...currently only uLoader itself fully support cios v5).

Second: for redirecting game data from your nand to "the nand of your FAT partition" (aka: emulating your wii's hard drive to your USB drive), this isn't the place to ask...you should check out sneek for that. Alas...at the moment, sneek isn't quite compatible with cIOS'es yet.

Third: I'm not very familiar with the DLC of the guitar games, but I do know that they're encrypted and contain measurements to avoid piracy. So even if you solve the first two points, then getting your DLC to work is going to have issues, as there is more to handle than "just" copy-paste simple savegames. You could check out rawksd, but afaik, that one also has certain issues getting DLC to work (afaik USB loaders aren't supported until the yet to be released version 3.0, and even then, it requires the game running without any cIOS whatsoever).

So all in all, I'd say: it isn't going to happen.
First: I have no problem actually running the games.

Second: CIOS222 V5 SUPPORTS saving to NAND, this is exactly why I'm intrigued into wanting to download my DLC onto my HDD!

Third: I have just realised what RawkSD is... I am also intrigued now about importing my Games into RB2, that just leaves me with the problem of getting my DLC to work on USB... Which looks like waiting until 3.0, like you say...

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHciNc said:
If you want all your dlc in one go. get a big sd card and use sneek. I got 700+ downloaded songs showing on rb2 (First 3 gens) Nearly filled 16gig sd though.... lol

what's your setup?

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump this thread but I only gotta around to wanting to install Cios222 Version 5 today!

The problem is I keep getting ES_Decrypt returned -1017. From SD Card = Hash bad

My wii is a 4.2E! I have never had any problems loading any custom IOS including Hermes Cios 222 V4!

It's weird but I seem to be the only one in this thread to even have such a problem!

Please..Any idea guys?

UPDATE: I'm really sorry but I worked it out! I had installed CIOS Rev19 with base 37 and this was the problem. I installed Cios Rev17 and was able to load Cios222V5!

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question... Why is there an IOS60 option 2 install on rather than just having the 3 IOSs as is 4 an easier install?? lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.