Hacking cIOS 10 --- GameCube games stop working?

denpanosekai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is ridiculous. For the past week I've been playing GameCube games such as Ikaruga, Chaos Field, etc, good stuff right?

Today I decided to try USB loader 1.5 with cIOS 10 (doesn't work at all for me BTW, never sees my SD cards) and since, NONE of my GameCube games boot! Right away, OR within 10 seconds of showing logos, title screen etc, I get a GC error to turn off the console.

Any idea? Not related at all, right? OR IS IT??

PS I had 9 before. I guess I'll go back to it.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
It took me 3 attempts at installing 10 before it worked correctly.

The first time the ultimate loader 1.5 based would not load games and gave dumps and my old 1.1s loader wouldnt work at all. I went back to 9 then reinstalled 10 again. This time my 1.1 worked fine but still problems with the 1.5 based loader. I just reinstalled 10 right away and now they both work flawlessly (1.1s and the new 7.4 ultimate)

PS: also had problems with my wad channels that were created for the games but they all work now.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
I used the network installation for my install and it showed complete and correctly installed all 3 times. Must have been some corruption in downloading or something for me.

denpanosekai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stang said:
mIOS = Gamecube.

Perhaps you dl'd the version cIOS 10 that was messed up. I will look for the working link if you want to try again.

well since I do network update, I should always be getting the latest 10, no?? If not, that's messed up. But yeah I didn't get it from the "official" blog since that mediafire link could not load for me. Maybe that's what's wrong, but still. Shouldn't alter my GC loading ability!!

mIOS? Never heard of that. I thought cIOS stood for "custom" so "m"... no idea.

denpanosekai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmmm thanks but can anyone provide a bit of feedback on this before I just go and install it? What does it do exactly??? My wii is not hardmodded or anything, just HBC.

after a bit of research, this appears to be related to the GC launcher... I should have been clearer but my ORIGINAL GC discs don't boot anymore.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
denpanosekai said:
Hmmmm thanks but can anyone provide a bit of feedback on this before I just go and install it? What does it do exactly??? My wii is not hardmodded or anything, just HBC.

after a bit of research, this appears to be related to the GC launcher... I should have been clearer but my ORIGINAL GC discs don't boot anymore.

That cMIOS installer also lets you reinstall the original MIOS as well as a hacked one. It is possible your MIOS got corrupted somehow, so try reinstalling it. Remember that many backup gamecube games don't work via the disc channel even with a custom MIOS.

denpanosekai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nl255 said:
denpanosekai said:

That cMIOS installer also lets you reinstall the original MIOS as well as a hacked one. It is possible your MIOS got corrupted somehow, so try reinstalling it. Remember that many backup gamecube games don't work via the disc channel even with a custom MIOS.

Thanks for replying but like I said, I'm talking about original GC games who boot half the time. At some point the drive stops spinning and I get a screen telling me to turn off the GC.

It's only started after installing cIOS rev 10 though, that's what my suspicion is. But I'll try that MIOS restore!

Edit: here are my results

Return to cIOS v9 -- crash
Use mIOS v3 -- crash
Return to original mIOS -- crash

I guess my Wii is just bad with GC discs... yet I beat Killer7 last week, about 10 hours of gameplay!!

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
u need to reinstall the proper mios not a Cmios for the originals to work, . You will have to go thru and look for a wii game that has a mios wad and it install it that way or find one on the net somewhere.
but yes cmios for backups and the official mios for originals

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.