Hacking CIAngel or Freeshop?

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done a lot of research into when DLC is deleted and when it isn't, and the closest thing I reached to a conclusion was that as long as you never enter the game's DLC shop, it won't delete your DLC. However, once you visit the game's DLC shop once, it'll delete your DLC whenver you go into the game's DLC shop or the eShop both.
I don't think that is true. I've entered the DLC shop (for smash) many times and it didn't delete it ever. Not even when I went onto the eShop. I went there to check if it installed right.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Reactions: Faolan

Aristox-0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When that happens I just QR-code-install it with FBI. Still never used CIAngel... Thanks for the tip, didn't know it was out, almost done downloading now though. =)

How do you QR Code Install games with FBI?

I presumed freestore and CIAngel had some cool hax that allowed them to download games. But you can do it with a QR code?

Is there a database of these QR codes so i can download what i want?

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I presumed freestore and CIAngel had some cool hax that allowed them to download games. But you can do it with a QR code?

You need to download Shameless and generate a QR code from there, then use FBI's QR code scanner to scan it. Then violá!

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cia angel for me, & Nintendo is currently cracking down on freeshop..
I wouldn't call one very overdue C&D cracking down. Freeshop still works perfectly, you just can't get it from github anymore.

Reactions: Aristox-0

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done a lot of research into when DLC is deleted and when it isn't, and the closest thing I reached to a conclusion was that as long as you never enter the game's DLC shop, it won't delete your DLC. However, once you visit the game's DLC shop once, it'll delete your DLC whenver you go into the game's DLC shop or the eShop both.

I've found the opposite actually.

I've been in Smash's DLC shop many times, and the DLC has never been deleted but if I go into Hyrule Warrior's one - the season pass is deleted. There's a couple more games where this is the case (steamworld heist's DLC is kept, but some other games' DLC is deleted etc).

If I go into the eShop for whatever reason (or update a game "now" without going into the eShop), the same DLC is deleted (Hyrule Warrior's season pass for example). This also counts for Streetpass games which I have to constantly re-install after updating any game via the eShop (it's like the DLC sits in a cache somewhere and the eShop deletes the cache and remakes it with content I legally own via the eShop i.e DLC I've bought is automatically redownloaded via the eShop, and the DLC I haven't bought is deleted during the initial cache wipe and not downloaded as a result).

It's best put that it seems to be random whether the DLC must be reinstalled or not (could be related to where the DLC is stored on the system as that's the only way I can think of why it affects some games and not others. I've used the same method to install the DLC (via cia, not ticket) so I doubt it's that). Strangely, Hyrule Warriors removes the DLC items/characters as you'd expect, but the Streetpass games lost progress, but not the hats/items from the games (unrelated but interesting to know).

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

There is an option that is named "Install using QR-code", or something similar. If you don't have it you have an old version of FBI.

You know that title key place... they have QR-codes in their listings, it's a light blue miniature image of a QR-code, if you can't spot it press everything that is light blue and you'll figure it out.

Aristox-0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know that title key place... they have QR-codes in their listings, it's a light blue miniature image of a QR-code, if you can't spot it press everything that is light blue and you'll figure it out.

Aaaaah great yeah awesome thanks!!

g4r37h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you just want to install a game, then Freeshop's GUI provides a nicer experience.

However, CIangel allows you to create CIAs which you'll need for archiving, sharing etc. Yes it's a text UI but who cares? It's easy to use and does its job well.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country

There's nothing too fancy. You just need the cia uploaded somewhere then take the download url and turn it into a qr-code. Scan that and it'll download/install

Last edited by HyperT,

Hush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a really stupid question, but can I go online with the games I get from CIAngel, or do they have a public header? I've been doing everything in my power to avoid going online with the games I've downloaded from it just in case.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a really stupid question, but can I go online with the games I get from CIAngel, or do they have a public header? I've been doing everything in my power to avoid going online with the games I've downloaded from it just in case.
So in short, yes you can go online with cia games - no worries.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I mean, with CIAngel, you must know what you want/the name of the game. Whereas freeShop you can browse, and there's also a download queue. I prefer freeShop personally, but I use both. Depends on what I'm looking to do. It's useful to have both.

Reactions: Meliodas2255

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, with CIAngel, you must know what you want/the name of the game. Whereas freeShop you can browse, and there's also a download queue. I prefer freeShop personally, but I use both. Depends on what I'm looking to do. It's useful to have both.
That's right. CIAngel comes handy if you know what you are looking for. if you don't know what you want to download freeShop let's you browse and gives short descriptions of the games. I think you can also download specific updates with CIA Angel but I'm not so sure if you can download them from freeshop without installing the game.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
That's right. CIAngel comes handy if you know what you are looking for. if you don't know what you want to download freeShop let's you browse and gives short descriptions of the games. I think you can also download specific updates with CIA Angel but I'm not so sure if you can download them from freeshop without installing the game.
FreeShop you can't download DLC, as far as I can tell. CIAngel seems more promising for that kind of thing.
CIAngel's format/layout is pretty simple, but some of it's utilities aren't, whereas freeShop is really straight forward.

Reactions: Meliodas2255

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like most people said, I use them both. CIAngel is good for when I just want updates/DLC as CIAs or if I just want the CIA instead, or just the ticket to install alter or whatever. I use FreeShop exactly like the eShop when I'm just carefree browsing without any direction. I like the descriptions and screenshots and stuff, so it's easier to find something I might be interested in and install it with one click. For me, they are both about the same in terms of install times. It takes about the same amount of time for me to download the CIA and to download+install it from freeshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1