CIA trimmer?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by V3NUS_M1NER, Feb 8, 2015.

1. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Hey!

This may not be the correct section, but I'm wondering if there's a CIA trimmer.

I tried placing a ROM (Luigi's Mansion 2) onto my SD card to install using DevMenu, but the ROM is literally 4 MB too large for my SD card.

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Cia's aren't ROMs so their sizes don't have to be in powers of two. They're 'trimmed' by default and also compressed and without the update partition. You can't get them any smaller.

Stang likes this.
  3. Stang

Stang GBAtemp Regular

Dec 17, 2008
    United States
    CIA's are smaller than their untouched ROM counterparts, how much smaller i cant vouch for as ive never had the need to trim anything. You can trims ROMs but not .cia. You may just have to bite the bullet and delete something or uninstall a .cia

4. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Can't delete anything. I have emuNAND, DevMenu, and CFW installe. That's all

Thanks, though!

5. Stang

Stang GBAtemp Regular

Dec 17, 2008
    United States
    That stinks, on the bright side sd cards are pretty cheap now so this might be a great reason to upgrade!

6. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Been planning on getting a new one for a few weeks now, haven't gotten to, though :(