cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@cearp

No I don't want to download anything. I just don't want to reinstall 2gb+ of dlc when I visit eshop or install updates.

Since the files are already installed and only the ticket is wiped out of the tickets.db when visiting eshop, I'm looking for a method to extract and install the ticket only.

I said old topic because I compiled that tool on another thread that should do it but it doesn't work on new fw.
so you want ctrtool compiled? what os? you should be able to find it somewhere.
ok i understand about your problem... yes maybe if you reinstall the ticket it will work... test it :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is why it's so damn confusing. I keep getting errors.

C:\Python27>python FunkyCIA2.py -nobuild -nodownload -noignore -title 0004000000171200 -key d11320d83ee0f2872cb6db2fda17da5f
usage: FunkyCIA2.py [-h]
[-type {gameapp,update,dlc,demo,dsiware,system,ALL} [{gameapp,update,dlc,demo,dsiware,system,ALL} ...]
| -title SPECIFIC_TITLES [SPECIFIC_TITLES ...]]
[-ignoretitles IGNORE_TITLES [IGNORE_TITLES ...]]
[-outputdir OUTPUT_DIR] [-nosort] [-nodownload] [-nobuild]
[-noignore] [-nopatchdlc] [-nopatchdemo] [-personal]
[-preinstalled] [-retry {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9}]
[-db USE_TICKET] [-key USE_KEY]
inputfile
FunkyCIA2.py: error: too few arguments

what is the proper sequence?!?!
you are confusing FunkyCIA and FunKeyCIA :)
if you just want to pirate, use FunKeyCIA
then enter the title and key, don't enter the -nobuild -noignore -nodownload

sLpFhaWK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i understand about your problem... yes maybe if you reinstall the ticket it will work... test it :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you are confusing FunkyCIA and FunKeyCIA :)
if you just want to pirate, use FunKeyCIA
then enter the title and key, don't enter the -nobuild -noignore -nodownload

ugh! I am confusing the two! I'm sorry it's late, 3am here and I've been up since 8am yesterday. Time to hit the hay! Thanks for clearing that up!

Reactions: cearp

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

No i was Talking about this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/dlc-disa...nable-to-reinstall.414136/page-7#post-6271471

I don't need ctrtool. I have it already. Is my English that misleading?
I was asking because up today there is no public way to extract and install tickets only (except for the legitimate cias)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No i was Talking about this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/dlc-disa...nable-to-reinstall.414136/page-7#post-6271471

I don't need ctrtool. I have it already. Is my English that misleading?
I was asking because up today there is no public way to extract and install tickets only (except for the legitimate cias)
oh the new FBI can install tickets :) (although when i tried to load the 3dsx, it didn't load... but most people install the cia)
your english is ok, don't worry!

Reactions: demon77

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@cearp Everything related to DLC doesn't work with FBI. Tickets and DLC install without error but they don't appear. It's like you never installed them :/

That's what I always hated about FBI it never works like you want it to. You start it from hbl and it glitches out and installs nothing giving you weird error messages. Installing dlc it sucks bad too. BBM never had such problems.

I now have the *.tik files. How can I install them except with fbi?

Last edited by GothicIII,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@cearp Everything related to DLC doesn't work with FBI. Tickets and DLC install without error but they don't appear. It's like you never installed them :/
even the ticket doesn't install? that is weird :( did you report this to steveice10?
maybe keep the cia on the sd card so you can reinstall, it should be very fast i think only the ticket will install. - but that is annoying.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
even the ticket doesn't install? that is weird :( did you report this to steveice10?
maybe keep the cia on the sd card so you can reinstall, it should be very fast i think only the ticket will install. - but that is annoying.

Thats exactly my problem. DLC dont behave like normal Game CIAs. If I install DLC, not only the ticket is installed, the data is reinstalled too. It was always like that.
No I didnt bother with FBI because for me it never worked. Damn even injecting it to the Health&Safety app I got only a black screen.

I won't report it because I lost already many hours with it. Its just not worth it. BBM does already the job.

Last edited by GothicIII,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Thats exactly my problem. DLC dont behave like normal Game CIAs. If I install DLC, not only the ticket is installed, the data is reinstalled too. It was always like that.
No I didnt bother with FBI because for me it never worked. Damn even injecting it to the Health&Safety app I got only a black screen.

I won't report it because I lost already many hours with it. Its just not worth it. BBM does already the job.
sorry i can't help you :(

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If it's possible to do this with one command for FunKeyCIA.py, please tell me the Command. As far as I know, there is no command that creates a valid .tik file from a legit cia.
i thought i posted it in the thread?

you should be able to use -nobuild -nodownload -noignore
maybe -nobuild is not needed, i forget, i think the build is only checked if you do download
so
-nodownload -noignore should be ok

if the ticket is a preinstalled cia, use -preinstalled instead of -noignore

the ticket will be dumped in the raw folder
FunkyCIA only uses arguments, so everything it can do it all in one command, no prompts etc, i don't really like speaking to the computer :)

but anyway, better to use ctrtool, it doesn't need python :)

Reactions: demon77

ShiftCode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i thought i posted it in the thread?

you should be able to use -nobuild -nodownload -noignore
maybe -nobuild is not needed, i forget, i think the build is only checked if you do download
so
-nodownload -noignore should be ok

if the ticket is a preinstalled cia, use -preinstalled instead of -noignore

the ticket will be dumped in the raw folder
FunkyCIA only uses arguments, so everything it can do it all in one command, no prompts etc, i don't really like speaking to the computer :)

but anyway, better to use ctrtool, it doesn't need python :)
Uhm, as far as I understand, you need a title id and a title key to use your script. So the purpose of this tool is to extract exactly that FROM THE CIA and thenn call your tool. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Uhm, as far as I understand, you need a title id and a title key to use your script. So the purpose of this tool is to extract exactly that FROM THE CIA and thenn call your tool. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
lol i have loads of python tools. FunKeyCIA doesn't dump tickets is creates them, FunkyCIA dumps tickets.
no offense, but i know what i'm talking about, it's my tool :D
but anyway like i said, ctrtool is better to use than python tools for this job, 'faster', it doesn't need python etc.

but still, unless the user can be sure the cia is GOOD, don't dump the ticket, dump the keys using decrypt9, it only dumps the keys from bought content.

ShiftCode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol i have loads of python tools. FunKeyCIA doesn't dump tickets is creates them, FunkyCIA dumps tickets.
no offense, but i know what i'm talking about, it's my tool :D
but anyway like i said, ctrtool is better to use than python tools for this job, 'faster', it doesn't need python etc.

but still, unless the user can be sure the cia is GOOD, don't dump the ticket, dump the keys using decrypt9, it only dumps the keys from bought content.
Yup, exactly what I thought ^^, but it still saves the trouble of using the 3ds :D
BTW, could you make a tool that renames a file from titleid.ext to releasename.ext ? would be helpful :D

Last edited by ShiftCode,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yup, exactly what I thought ^^, but it still saves the trouble of using the 3ds :D
BTW, could you make a tool that renames a file from titleid.ext to releasename.ext ? would be helpful :D
i haven't released anything publicly that gets game info from cdn - maybe you can do that, that sounds like a nice idea :)

sLpFhaWK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't released anything publicly that gets game info from cdn - maybe you can do that, that sounds like a nice idea :)

Hey man! I have a quick question regarding FunkeyCIA, I was able to get it to work and downloaded some CIA's on my PC and when I transfer them over to the 3DS and try to install they fail. Am I doing something wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My thread front ten years ago got 10,000 views lol
  • DolphinCube @ DolphinCube:
    Sup peps? I rarely talk on here but is there a way to disable the ads that cover the chat a lil. Its annoying at times
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can avoid the ads by becoming a paid Patron.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, or use an adblocker
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i'd recommend ublock origin
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brave browser
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, kinda
    @Xdqwerty is that just a chrome extenstion orr...?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, ublock origin is a chrome extension compatible with chrome, chromium based browsers and firefox (and i think some others too)
    +1
    ooo oke. Got it.
    Alrighty its installed. Ty for the help man
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, no problem

^_^
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do I install JuanBlocker ? Nvm, I just filtered out all feet threads.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    On Android I like Adblock Browser
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just say Mexicos a fake America
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about tacos?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco bell
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco flavored kisses