Hacking .cia "Invalid Signature""

voldek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I go to the rxTools through DS profile and boot it in emunand. If I check version in options it says RX3D 10.1.27, original software is still in 4.4.x
I tried download .cia from various users (so the .cia itself isn't problem) and install them throught FBI manager but everything hit 100% and get's "Invalid Signature" error:

Install failed
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xd8e0806a
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Permanent (0x1b)
Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
Description: Invalid signature (0x6a)

I tried format emunand and setup everything again but the error appears. What should I do?

voldek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, if the title.db was missing there'll be "NO DATABASE" error.
Only information I can find is that Invalid signature means that the .cia itself is damaged, but I download them from various user so that can't be a problem.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, if the title.db was missing there'll be "NO DATABASE" error.
Only information I can find is that Invalid signature means that the .cia itself is damaged, but I download them from various user so that can't be a problem.
ok......
sorry......i have no idea...

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That happens to me, too, when I try to install some games in sysNAND (MarioKart7 is one of them); FBI works flawlessly in emuNAND, though. It's not a problem related to .cias, devMenu lets me install them. Have you tried installing devMenu or BigBlueBox? Still getting that error?

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess because you are checking the Version on the System Settings and exiting from there, you will not be on emunand with rxTools any longer. This is because the 3DS does a soft reboot when you quit the System Settings application. You could just drop some folders on your homescreens like "S","Y",S" and "E","M","U" to 100% safely identify the NAND which you've got booted at any moment. On the New3DS i additionally have 2 different colored Themes: Red for sysnand and Blue for Emunand ;)
Of course this can only be really helpfull when you've got unlinked NANDs :D

voldek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried installed .cia through BigBlueMenu and I still get the same error.

You cannot boot FBI while out of emuNAND/sysNAND with rxMode on.
What do you mean? My OF is on 4.4.x, I start rxTools from DS hack and choose to boot rxMode in emunand. The emunand load succesfly, I can see change in the menu and if I decide to go to settings there's RX3D 10.1.x loaded (I know it boot to OF again when I close settings). I can only use FBI H&S in emunand too, and the error still appear.

I alomost give up, is there anything I can try?

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you tried devMenu or legit cias? Or installing FBI in sysNAND, booting rxMode in sysNAND and installing a .cia there?
That answer was for m00k00, what you're doing is ok.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to upgrade to 3.0 BETA. It's great for Old3DS.
You can find it in the rxTools thread, someone posted a dropbox file. Set the SD card following carefully the instructions.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Yet I heard that 3.0 isn't really wise choice and it's unstable a lot.
About 20% of the time it won't boot to EmuNAND (it will lock up with some weird lines or whatnot on the screen), but when it does boot properly I've had no problems. Failing to boot doesn't really bug me anyway since it boots way faster than 2.6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work