Hacking cia install over wifi

kagami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I know you can install cias over wifi using FBI (is that still a thing?, does it still work?)

Anyways, with freeshop gone for good, I wonder if there's any homebrew to make a faux freeshop, installing cias from our desktop and having a gallery of them over wifi...

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For big .CIAs you must be connected through ethernet or must have a very good Internet speed or it will fail almost every time you try.
Also, a tip for gettin' the PC IP in Boop is to choose the closest to your 3DS one, for example:
  • 3DS IP: 192.168.15.9
  • PC IPs (the ones Boop shows): 168.124.17.6, 192.168.24.9, 192.168.15.6
And you must choose 192.168.15.6 in Boop to make it work.

Hope I made myself clear.
:mellow:

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

kagami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, SocketPunch, in a way...

Thanks for the link, will look into it, not exactly what I meant, but I guess this is all there is...

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so, SocketPunch, in a way...

Thanks for the link, will look into it, not exactly what I meant, but I guess this is all there is...
SocketPunch hasn't been updated since 2 years ago, and Boop at least was updated for the last time in January of the last year.
With a "gallery" I feel that you were talkin' about somethin' like freeShop but instead of downloading the games from Ninty, downloading the games from a private server. Although that idea sounds pretty neat, nobody is workin' in something like that.
Also, if you can find a QR Code that redirects to a private download server, you can download games by that way, but there aren't many of them layin' around… and I think you can create them, but I have tried and it always fails, so I don't trully know how to do them.

Last edited by E1ite007,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)