Homebrew CIA Install issues with Monster Hunter

Tryntius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All,

Pulling my hair out on this one. I have an 11.2 old 3ds xl, arm9 and luma3ds 6.6 CFW, 32GB micro sd formated to FAT32 32kbs.

I'm having an issue installing monter hunter cias. I can install anything small just fine, whether through fbi (cia install), devmenu, or CIAngel. I have installed Mario 3d world, Yoshi's New Island, BlargSnes, gb and nes cias just fine. I have gotten different errors with the monster hunter cia and am trying again right now to find out what the most current one is specifically. I have tried monster hunter 3, 4, and generations from CIAngel. All long waits for an error when they hit 100%. They have usually been wrong argument errors when attempted from fbi.

I thought the issue was 11.3 (as I was having issues installing even small cias), which I was on yesterday. However, yesterday I did a nand restore to 11.2 and everything small runs just fine.

Could someone help me pinpoint the issue? Are big cias hit and miss sometimes? SD card is brand new.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
  • Try finding any tickets belonging to these games in FBI and deleting them (could have a corrupted ticket)
  • Try testing your card with H2testw to see if you have a fake card (although I think it wouldn't have reached 100% in that case)
  • Try freeShop as well (I don't think that will make a difference - unless you're creating a cia before installing with CIAngel and you run out of room).

Tryntius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did another SD wipe/format/recopy backup and I tried the install using a QR code from a title site and that worked. Hooray!? Still don't know what went wrong though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?