Cia game problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bailie1912, May 28, 2016.

1. bailie1912
    OP

bailie1912 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    I have 2 Alpha sapphire roms. First one i have randomized and customized myself. Second one is a hack called star sapphire. I have the both converted to cia but when i install them using FBI they override each other. Is there anything i can do to stop this? Im using a9hl with luma

2. Serial07

Serial07 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hungary
    Ultra Alola Region
    The two games are have a base of Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, which means the Title ID of them are same, so you can't avoid this, unless you change the Title ID one of the games. :(

3. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    I'd just play one, backup the save once you're done, override it, and play the other if that's what you want to do. Simplest method I can think of while still keeping everything.

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Even easier would be to create an emunand and have one of the games on sysnand and one on emunand.

5. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I guess they could both be solutions. There's pros and cons to each. with my solution, you'd have to switch back and forth if you really, really want to play with each game, but you don't have to recreate emunand and waste 1-2 gb of space, with your solution, he'd have to create emunand just for one game, but he wouldn't have to switch other and over again.

Another solution would be to have both Omega Ruby and Star Sapphire in sysnand. That way you don't need to have an emunand and you don't have to switch and since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are basically the same game, there wouldn't be much of a difference.

6. bailie1912
    OP

bailie1912 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    I am just building rutile ruby at the min. Think its the easier option. Thought that star sapphire had changed the title id.

thanks for the help

Just Passing By likes this.