.cht Files usage

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Alarion, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Alarion
    OP

Alarion Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Hey everyone,

I've searched the forums as well I could, but did not find the info.So here's the question:

I want to use a.cht-File with Visual Boy Advance. I've tried opening the file (1141, FF Tactics US) with GBAATM to look at it, but it crashes everytime I try to load the .cht file the program just crashes.
    So: how can I decipher the .cht file to get cheats I can use with VBA? Or: how do I use the .cht file with any other emulator, for that matter?

Thanks for your help
    Alarion

2. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    open the .cht file in NotePad and you will find the cheat codes.
    By the way, YouTube has numerous "how-to" videos detailing cheats being used with Visual Boy Advance.

3. Rikki-tikki-tavi

Rikki-tikki-tavi Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2012
    I tried to use the "cheats" option on VBA to correct this issue. I used gameshark code 91C06fc5 (taken here with FF changed to C0 for great justice). My STR changed to 192, but ATK stat remained low. Whenever I get a lv up or change weapon STR changes back to 50. What am I missing?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    That sounds like an issue with the code and the game. Nothing you can really do but make your own code that works properly.